Awesome win for Boom Boom Fred - he's a super nice guy and a great fisherman.

I have a lot of experience fishing that type of grass, and there are certain ways that you can snap your bait and make it glide,” he explained. “A light tungsten weight was critical in getting the right action and generating a strike.” Roumbanis used his signature series 7’5” iRod, called “Fred’s Magic Stick,” and spooled his 7.2:1 Ardent Edge Elite reel with 20-pound-test P-Line fluorocarbon line. When thunderstorms passed through the Gadsden, Alabama area on Friday afternoon, Roumbanis made a slight change in his game plan for Saturday’s final round. “Just from my past experiences, I knew that if it stayed cool this morning, I was going to get bit throwing a frog,” he explained. “When I got to my first spot this morning, it just looked like great frog water.” Roumbanis dug a frog rod out of his rod locker, and was rewarded with a three pounder on his first cast. Several yards down the bank, he caught a largemouth over four pounds that succumbed to the frog. “I’d never even thrown the frog on the first two days,” explained Roumbanis, who used a black Snag Proof Bobby’s Perfect Frog that he matched with a 7’5” AIR Series iRod and 50-pound-test P-Line braid. “At that point, I had to decide if I wanted to fish the frog or go flipping. I decided to put the frog down and go back to flipping, because that was the technique that got me to the final day. That was probably the best decision that I made during the week.” With the flipping stick back in his hands, Roumbanis ran to a stretch of bank where he missed a big largemouth on Thursday, and he was rewarded with a four-and-a-half pounder.

Link to the full article @ bassresource.comRoumbanis Wins PAA Bass Tournament on Neely Henry