Thread: Actual Payouts?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Actual Payouts?

Just wondering if anyone knows where to find actual payouts for CSFL events? I know how to find the list based on a full field, but most of the events draw an average of 70 boats or so, so I was curious how the payouts were broken down with less than a full field. I know some of the other tours post this directly on their website, so I wasn't sure if there was somewhere on the CSFL website that shows this and I just wasn't able to find it.

Umm, contact the csfl ? They probably know.

Seems to be the answer to every CSFL question I have...I wasn't that concerned about it, only curious lol...

Aric,

I can’t speak for/defend Bassmania or any other organization or business but what I do know is that with any business if you have questions that pertain to the way they operate or how they remunerate, its best to ask the business directly not on a public forum. It can be misconstrued that your question is being asked in such a manner to induce a conversation that could spin in multiple directions. Now I’m not saying that’s your intent at all however it does open the door for negativity to breed and the preverbal “piling on” especially when you make the comment that other series publish theirs. Bassmania or any other series from what I see have made it a point to not address questions/concerns on open forums other than last fall which was an perfect example of a thread getting out of control which had serious implications to it for many evolved.

Sometimes the simplest questions posted with the best of intentions can lead down a path of destruction. I believe that most people understand how fragile our industry is and although they do not post, some of the most influential people in our industry watch these threads. Many understand that certain topics can spin out of control which can be very damaging to sponsors, anglers and ownership . In my own opinion I believe that’s why when a question is asked people will typically redirect the question to the owners of the specific series or company if it is product related.

Remember how one business is operated does not specifically mean that all should not operate the same thats why there are choices. I’m sure that if you did contact the office you would receive a response from them regarding paybacks. I just think if you want an answer to a real question ask the people who really know, everything else will be rumour, gossip or speculation.

My response to your post is merely an observation of threads and situations that have already occurred I’m not condemning you for asking the question or seeking the information its a free country. I’m just saying you’re asking it in a form of media that will not receive a response and to expect one is ….well not how a real business is run. Have a great second half of the season…..the big uns will be a biting soon!

Peace Out

Dan

Well said Mr. Dunn!

In Arics' defense, it is not unreasonable to think(expect) posting/asking a question on a forum that a tournament series uses to advertise their events, update their participants of changes etc.. Would or could get answered by them or by someone representing them.
    Pete

Danny, that statement is so politically correct.....kudos on being a great ambassador in our sport.

PS. I am the one that honks at you in the driveway....my brother lives around the corner from you...?LOL

Well said Dan! I didn’t look at it that way and wasn’t intending to ruffle any feathers. To be perfectly honest the only reason I didn’t call them is because I am lazy and it’s really not that important to me. And I figure the next best place to get information like this is BFB because most of the time anyone who knows anything about what I am inquiring about is usually willing to get me the answer I am looking for without giving two thoughts about it. That’s just how most of the angling community is, knowledgeable and helpful! I figured that the information was easily available and that I just wasn’t looking hard enough. But like I said no sweat, not poking at anyone’s business or their practices, just curiosity is all it was!

Hey Aric no sweat at all man. Like I said I wasn't taking a run at you cuz that would just be uncool. It was a honest question you asked. Take care

Well now I feel better I thought it was some perv honking at my legs!! Lol.
    Peace Out

Dan