Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Renegade Bass: Classic XVII Sept 15-16 Press Release

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member MichaelVandenberg's Avatar

Renegade Bass: Classic XVII Sept 15-16 Press Release

PDF version is available here.

Awesome! awesome! awesome! Now thats a classic prize! I cant wait till next week. No certificate, an actual boat and a ranger at that!
    Oh ya, and only a 40 boat classic field, now thats how a classic should be! Not 5 days on two different lakes.

This season has been any eye opener for sure. I never realized what i was missing while not fishing renegade. I cant wait until next years schedule is released.

And its all run by an great bunch of volunteers. Amazing that a group of volunteers can run a series so smoothly, and are willing to do so
    Thanks for a great season renegade, and guys...some of you have asked us how its been, dont waste any more time. Come check it out next year, you dont know what your missing

Well said Craig, best series in Ontario hands down

amen Joe

I'm a fan.

never heard a bad thing about renegade love the lakes wish I could make the time to fish it, staying somewhat local leaves me CBAF, Csfl and I,m content with them.

Correct me if I am wrong but this is an actual boat where someone has picked out the colours, options? Wouldn't a cert be more appealing if the winners wanted to sell it and the buyer could pick the colours that he/she wanted etc?
    Is there a picture with the options listed of the prize boat?

In the past it was a boat but this year it will be a certificate. It makes more sense as you can pick the options you want or use the full value of the certificate against an upgrade rather than sell a boat you don't want for a reduced price to get the Ranger you DO want.

Ed

That totally makes sense Ed. Excellent move.

Oy - yoi, not going down that road...

Good luck to all the Renagade contenders this year; looks like the weather will be good (only a slight cold front moving in Friday overnight and only moderate winds Saturday but should be hovering around seasonal for the most part and the rains are suposed to diminish by Saturday too. Good luck to all...

In the interests of clarity given that certificates have a bit of a bad reputation around here, Renegade Bass is not issuing the typical manufacturers certificate as is often the case south of the border.This year's Renegade Classic Prize is exactly as specified in the above announcement and will be delivered as such as soon as the boat is ordered. However the boat will not be ordered until the Champions elect to do so. This was the decision that was collectively agreed upon at the AGM last fall. For the following reasons it was felt that this was a much better method at maximizing the reward to the Classic Champs.

The Classic Prize has historically been ordered and driven away by the winners following each Championship. However given the team format of our series, selling the boat was the most frequent outcome. Regrettably, the prospective buyer always managed to de-value this great prize as the selling price was always below market value. The wrong color, the wrong options etc was being used to leverage the value negatively. Upon seeing this happen for the past 8 or 9 years, an agreement was made with Orleans Boat World to delay ordering the boat until the winners decided what was in their best interest. This agreement which was created in cooperation with Orleans Boat World, Evinrude BRP, Ranger Boats and Renegade Bass will certainly prove to be of far greater value than if the boat was ordered.

(1) If the Classic Winners are quite content with the package as exactly as specified, (Evinrude BRP 200 hp Etec HO, Ranger Z119 dual console, Ranger Trail, Ranger options (custom color, boat cover, charger etc) Lowrance HDS 5 Gen2 (x2), Motorguide Tour Edition 24v trolling motor, 2 grp 31 batteries, cranking battery) the boat will be ordered. Upon delivery of the boat, the winners will collect their rightful prize at no cost. The boat however will be a 2013 given the order date which of course is a financial benefit.

(2) The same package can be customized by the winners to reflect their personal preferences. These options will be the responsibility of the winners.

(3) If the winners prefer to "upgrade" to a bigger boat the full retail value ( at Orleans Boat World) can be applied to a different Ranger eg. Z521 with a 250hp BRP Etec. Of course the cost difference will again be the responsibility of the winners.

(4) Lastly if the winners elect to sell the package, the prospective buyer will have the luxury of selecting colors options etc. This will hopefully reduce the price gouging that often takes place when the buyer sees the boat burning a hole in the driveway of the winner whom of course is anxious to sell.

As you can see, though the physical prize boat will not be delivered this Sunday, it was agreed as a group that this was a much more sensible method of ensuring that the 2012 Renegade Bass Classic Champs maximize the value of their winnings. The prize package has been guaranteed by Orleans Boat World. Evinrude BRP, Ranger Boats and Renegade Bass.

Hopefully this will clarify any questions and demonstrate that this is the best way to recognize the accomplishment of the Renegade Bass Classic Champions!!!

any web-coverage of the weigh-ins this weekend? I'm stuck in front of a computer this Saturday and would love to see how things unfold on "the Rat!"

Yes both days Pete

Wow, a $60000 first prize is very impressive....best of luck to all at this year's classic! Hope to see you next year.

Very Impressive- First the B1 with the actual package available at the tournament and now Renegade !! This really makes all the work worthwhile and is quite a substantial option for a championship prize !
    Keep up the good work and with prizing like this I can see why Renegade is growing as it is and the B1 sells out so quickly !