I've had a several people contact me asking if the BioEdge really played a part in the Classic; there's no question in my mind it definately did. A key to our success was paying close attention to these big schools of shiners that were locked on structure rather than free-roaming schools.

Day one - first spot, I juiced my drop-shot with "Shiner Potion" and instantly starting hammering smallmouth, Rob (using same bait, leader, etc.) caught only one to I think my six in the first short bit - that was until he juiced his drop-shot and then it was pretty much toe-to-toe for the rest of the day, in fact Rob eventually took over in the fish catching department for the rest of the tournament. On several occasions we had other competitors well within range and they simply weren't getting the bites we were... was it the scent - maybe? I don't know for sure, but I promise you we weren't about to stop using it anytime soon, and weren't about to share it at the time !

My take on fish scent has always been that it's a great confidence booster; a big part of successful tournament fishing is the mental aspect of the game. You have to have confidence in yourself, your equipment, and the baits you are using! BioEgde helps me eliminate any doubt about what I have tied to the end of my line so I can focus entirely on the task at hand - and that's getting bit and putting fish in the boat!

A lot of guys prefer the solid Wands over the liquid Potions; personally I use them both - we were using the Shiner Potion on Rice during the classic to mimic those shiners. I load it into a spray bottle and simply find application a much faster process wiht the spray than the wands, but both products are equally effective and work great!