Thread: shipping prices

shipping prices

OK, probably going to get crucified here, but.......
    went on the site tonight to order knobs for my HD units. They have a habit of vibrating loose and needed to replace a couple that have gone overboard.

So, first shocked at the price $25.00 but WTH need em

Next shock - $15 shipping charge and for this price will be delivered by Canada Post not a courier.

Total for two plastic knobs in excess of $45.00

So, very small package I suspect and the commercial shipping cost (Canada Post regular parcel rate) appears to be in the mid $6-7 range.

Still cheaper by far than driving 2 and half plus hours each way.
    Don't get me wrong I have been treated very well by RW staff and will continue to patronize the business.
    I have never been in the store, always phone and on line and no issues.

Didn't really notice when buying major items, just annoyed tonight about the shipping costs for this small item.

OK - Wednesday night rant over

Call Lawren tomorrow. If anything can be changed he will make it right. My experience with them is they go above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction.

Let's remember it's "shipping & handling". It takes time for a paid employee to pick the product, pack the product, print labels.....etc. I ship products daily and time is money!

Radioworld has best prices period.....if u are a cbaf member if u come near newmarket i have a knob or 2 u can have for free

I ship boxes all over the province everyday. I have never had a package cost me less that $9.50 and most times its around $11.50... Regular mail thru Canada post. Light and small packages

I just checked the TOTAL postal rates for a one pound package and Paul you are right $11.70 by the time the fuel surcharge (77 cents), taxes etc are included.

I stand corrected, the standard $15 charge is not gouging like I thought.

My apologies to all, especially RW, and BTW I have no argument over the price of the knobs as I know RW has good prices, which is why that is where I look first, it was just the sticker shock along with shipping charges and taxes makes the knobs almost $25 each.

In Canada it is very hard to estimate shipping as costs literally change by the kilometer sometimes. Especially when you ship to Newfoundland and BC and anywhere inbetween. Every order has different dimensions, weight, etc..

In the US they have flat rate costs to ship to the lower 48 states. This is why you see alot of "Free shipping" or "$5 shipping" with USA online retailers.

When shipping nation wide in Canada this is just not feesible to offer daily, IMO.

No hard feelings Pat, let me explain our shipping policy. Our minimum shipping charge is $15.00 on all orders regardless of the cost of the purchase. Yes, I know it can seem a little steep for smaller orders but let me explain why there is a $15 charge.

Generally speaking, 75% of that is the shipping charges/fuel surcharges. The remaining 25% is for insurance and a required signature. One other thing to note is we ship Expedited parcel not regular mail which is usually a day or two quicker within Ontario.

Not only are we protecting ourselves with the insurance/signature option but that is a big benefit to you as well. Let’s say your package gets lost in the mail. Because we have the insurance on it we don’t wait for the package to be found or a settlement with Canada Post made…we just ship you out a new order and we deal with the lost item on the back end.

I know for smaller orders it may seem like a bit much but I hope that better explains why we charge what we charge.

-Lawren

Yup, thanks Lawren for explaining. Not an issue now that I understand, -

from now on I'll just order more "stuff" ?LOL

Should have ordered a couple more knobs Pat...

I almost pulled the trigger on an LSS Wayne, but since I can hardly figure out the fishfinders I already have, .......

Cheryl says I should learn how to catch fish before I put anymore toys on the boat