Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bm lake erie WC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bm lake erie WC

Congratulations to Brent Way and Dale Beattie with a great bag of 24.5 lbs and John MacDonald and Steve Hawkins for that monster smallmouth of 7.45 lbs.

Great job guys@

wow 7.45 , any pictures ?

Satruday was flat flat flat out there - surprized there weren't way more local out for the guarenteed $5k deal??

Great weights brought in - unbeleiveable mule of fish brought in by John - sick looking fish, photo doesn't hardly do it justice ....Lol!. I posted a pic at:

http://www.nationalprostaff.com/repo...+CSFL+Wildcard

ful results can be found at: http://csfl.ca/?page_id=1759

Great job CSFL, just a little disappointing that there were so many complainers and so litte turnouts. Goes to show csfl trying to keep everyone happy. Great job Palotta Family and keep up the great efforts. Just my two cents.

Originally posted by MikeAlbanese
    Great job CSFL, just a little disappointing that there were so many complainers and so litte turnouts. Goes to show csfl trying to keep everyone happy. Great job Palotta Family and keep up the great efforts. Just my two cents.
    It was mentioned in an earlier post from another thread that some fealt the release of this date and location was too far into the season (late August unless I am mistaken) for a lot of guys to be able to get the time off work, book hotel etc. Otherwise I feel like this event would have been well participated!

There's deffinitely numbers in the SW area for sure (TBBA alone draws nearly 70 boats on a consistent basis), but I wonder how many of them are fair weather fisherman? I'd have come out, but my partner for St Clair could only do St Clair due to prior committments. Would have loved to otherwise!

Well don't think Andy can afford to come back based on those numbers.

had to delete what I really wanted to post here; bit of a sore spot for sure...

As if 'arguably' the best smallmouth fishing in the world isn't enough; the CSFL goes out of its way and offers garanteed paybacks - and has a few guys showing up from all over the province with very poor representation from the local Guru's down that way. What's next? are we (the anglers) going to have to offer Andy a garanteed field to get him back down there?.... SHEESH! I just don't get it....

None the less, was a great weekend for those taking advantage of it, and what a fish by Jonny Mac - can't imagine what that must have looked like in the net, I think I may have nightmares after seeing that thing! ?LOL

Originally posted by PeteGarnier

As if 'arguably' the best smallmouth fishing in the world isn't enough; the CSFL goes out of its way and offers garanteed paybacks - and has a few guys showing up from all over the province with very poor representation from the local Guru's down that way. What's next? are we (the anglers) going to have to offer Andy a garanteed field to get him back down there?.... SHEESH! I just don't get it....

None the less, was a great weekend for those taking advantage of it, and what a fish by Jonny Mac - can't imagine what that must have looked like in the net, I think I may have nightmares after seeing that thing! ?LOL
    +1. I don't care enough to post anything else....enough said.

Peace Out

Dan

Definitely a great (fantastic) fishery, Pete!!

I wonder if participation was down due to a variety of factors: 75 boats at Fed Cup, 150 boats suffering from post B1 experience (weather canc etc), 27 boats at Ottawa Valley event, late season, entry costs for two days etc etc etc etc ..................... is there a formula??? I don't know .....................

This is the best time of year, in my opinion, for bass fishing. I wonder why no one offers a "fall series" to capitalize on it? Many people say weather, hunting and other reasons, but, there are many reasons during the "regular" season that affect turnout also.

7.45??????? Wait til a full bag of those show up at the scales some day - wow!!!

Well said Pete, amen.

Pete,

Being from the area I have to totally agree with you on the numbers, It was a little disappointing to see the support that was recieved. I personally could not fish this event as I just came off a 3 weekend bout, and have the next 5 weekends planned with events. I even contemplated on Friday just showing up to do the event but it just was not in the cards.
    Hopefully Andy will come back again, with a little more notice. Lake Erie is a premier fishing location when the weather cooperates.

Well done on a 3rd place finish.

Congrats Brent and Dale for a great bag.

What a great event this is and fishing could not have been better.

Unfortunately the lack of local support is certainly a problem. It would be a shame to see that series end. I hope St. Clair has better results.

Thanks Andy and Vita and the whole crew at the CSFL for another first class event.

I might have to try this big water smallie thing some day! 7.45lb fish can be motivating!

Originally posted by PeteGarnier

Still can't figure out these computers!!!! Above i was trying to quote Pete to say "well said". I sure wish there could have been more people as it would be great to see a fall series. Andy P actually helped me and put a non boater in contact with me so i could make a last minute decision to go as I didn't have a partner....it was all set up and then we had a death in the family Friday night and i had to cancel. I really hope St Clair gets a good showing. I see a lot of negative posts regarding geographic area of the event locations so for everyone in SW Ontario, now's your chance...let's get out there and support the last two events so hopefully the CSFL wants to keep coming back. IMO, they've done their part, now we just have to show up and fish!!!!