Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: St. Clair - Oct 13 & 14th

I made the drive from Whitby to pre-fish on Thursday-Friday and Andy made the right call. There were 2 boats at the ramp , Derek's and mine and St.Clair wasn't pretty. I pulled 2 boats out of the sand and my new SHO now has a paintless skeg to prove it. That sand is nasty!

I drove almost 800km round trip, motel stay and I still believe the right decision was made.

Mitchell's Bay can not host an event in its current state.

I'm glad to see that sensible people are putting in their two cents about this situation. I think there have been some uncalled for comments made on this site and apologies should be rendered. The Palotta family goes above and beyond to provide the venues to fish and the anglers with insight appreciate their efforts. Tough decisions have to be made in all aspects of life and Andy steps up and makes them. Thank you Andy, Vita and family for your contributions to the sport.

Team Ontario: 2007, 2011 Jason Barnucz's Avatar
    I have been working on Lake St. Clair most of the summer on various projects. Lake levels this year is clearly an issue. I was speaking with the Live Release Boat Operator for the Long Point Bay Anglers Association (LPBAA) earlier this month. When they were assisting The Franklins with their 2012 Lake St. Clair event the boat was barely able to navigate back to the lack under load of fish. This was a smaller pontoon style boat.

Saw this post on another site sounds like levels were low but still fishable:

Csfl event on st clair cancelled?
    Due to low water levels the event was cancelled. Had a chance to make it out friday, to only find the marina to have very little water. Lowest I have ever seen. Fishing was extremly tough, for smallies anyway. Had one smallie for 5 pounds, everything was dirty. I mean everything. Spent the afternoon largemouth fishing. Wow i think the tournament if it would have ran could have easily been won on largies. So needless to say the lake st clair fall smallmouth awww was a little over rated this year. endless it cleans up.

hopefully it cleans up a little bit cause this lake can be off the hook for deep smallies in novemeber. Blade baits and jigging spoons