Thread: Renegade Bass and The Berkley B1

Renegade Bass and The Berkley B1

A recent conversation with a few of the newly registered participants of the 2013 Berkley B1 encouraged us to communicate that regrettably Renegade Bass will not be providing the Fish Management Services at the 2013 Berkley B1. For the past 3 years Renegade has proudly participated at the B1 providing the Shimano Water Weigh-In and the acute fish care through our trained technicians on our 2 live release boats. Renegade Bass is managed through a volunteer board of directors and the preparation for each event falls at the feet of the volunteer Executive. After an already long season with several of the executive donating their weekend at our Classic, it was agreed that stepping down at this point would be prudent. The organizers of the Berkley B1 have of course already been informed of this.

We wish The Berkley B1 continued success.

-Renegade Bass

That's unfortunate Paul. You and the Renegade weigh-in staff are the best at what you do. Watching how you guys take care of those fish is something else.

That's unfortunate Paul. You and the Renegade weigh-in staff are the best at what you do. Watching how you guys take care of those fish is something else.

Plus 1

Paul thats to bad, we (the ones that have fished renegade) know the amount of time and effort you put at weight inns and conservation.
    Woundering why it wans't mention before ?

I just hope they are able to find another quality crew to do the weigh-in and have it run smoothly for the anglers and the fish. Increasing to potentially 200 teams and throwing a new shore staff in the mix could really clog things up. On a plus side for me though that opens up the weekend so I'm signed up and ready to try my luck this year

My goodness - that makes me a bit nervous I am sure the Berkley B1 organisers will take care of this though; without a live release program in place you simply can't run an event of this magnitude?!...

Originally posted by Brett Miller
    On a plus side for me though that opens up the weekend so I'm signed up and ready to try my luck this year
    To start you off on the right foot, good luck Brett!!

Renegade is definitely leaving big shoes to fill! One of the main reasons that we started fishing the B1 was because the Renegade crew was looking after the weigh-in & the fish! Thanks for the great work that you've done the last few years! I am sure that the Berkley will recruit an organization of similar quality.