Since its inception I have always felt - and still do - that York Bassmasters has been the jewel in the OBN crown.

When six of us met at Colonel Mustards in 2006 we all brought different histories and visions to the table and I think that was the main reason that York took the direction that it did.
How else can you explain a club in its first full year of operation winning an award as prestigious as the BCI. For that, Tony Dean’s guidance should forever be lauded.

I am truly honoured to have been associated with such a fine group of individuals and dedicated executive. To those who have not (yet) served on the executive remember that the people at the top are in volunteer (and thankless) positions and that they ALWAYS need your support and assistance to keep York above the rest. It’s not an easy job, and full of headaches, so be patient. The executive doesn’t always have the answer to everything at their fingertips.

The reason for this verbose post is that I find myself leaving Toronto. The past year has brought me many changes and I’ve decided to make a lifestyle change while I’m still on the right side of the lawn.
No health issues, don’t go there, but I could see it happening if I stayed where I was, doing what I do.
So I’m moving to Ottawa on Monday, will probably join Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters at some point and hopefully see some of you on the water in the future.

I’m planning to drop by this year’s Qualifier and hope to see any Yorkie there with a big smile after a successful day.

In the meantime I wish all of you the best - fair skies, calm winds and full livewells.

George