Thread: Any Day 1 Results?

Farewell Yorkies

Since its inception I have always felt - and still do - that York Bassmasters has been the jewel in the OBN crown.

When six of us met at Colonel Mustards in 2006 we all brought different histories and visions to the table and I think that was the main reason that York took the direction that it did.
    How else can you explain a club in its first full year of operation winning an award as prestigious as the BCI. For that, Tony Dean’s guidance should forever be lauded.

I am truly honoured to have been associated with such a fine group of individuals and dedicated executive. To those who have not (yet) served on the executive remember that the people at the top are in volunteer (and thankless) positions and that they ALWAYS need your support and assistance to keep York above the rest. It’s not an easy job, and full of headaches, so be patient. The executive doesn’t always have the answer to everything at their fingertips.

The reason for this verbose post is that I find myself leaving Toronto. The past year has brought me many changes and I’ve decided to make a lifestyle change while I’m still on the right side of the lawn.
    No health issues, don’t go there, but I could see it happening if I stayed where I was, doing what I do.
    So I’m moving to Ottawa on Monday, will probably join Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters at some point and hopefully see some of you on the water in the future.

I’m planning to drop by this year’s Qualifier and hope to see any Yorkie there with a big smile after a successful day.

In the meantime I wish all of you the best - fair skies, calm winds and full livewells.

George

Goerge you initial leadership in getting our club going will never be forgotten, you will always be a welcome member in our club. I will miss you sir, you are a great friend and a true gentlemen. If there were more people like you, the world would certainly be a better place. God speed and we'll see you in a couple of weeks at the qualifier.
    Thanks to: Wellington Brewery, Yamamoto Custom Baits, Mizmo Bait Co, Eco Pro Tungsten, BioEdge Fishing, Vicious Fishing Line.

Well, all good things must come to an end but friendships never die! George you have been a true friend, mentor and fishing partner for many years and I will miss you immensely. I will miss your smiling face, wit and humour albeit somewhat... how do I explain it??? Oh different!

York’s loss will be Ottawa’s gain most definitely! You take care my friend and please let’s stay in touch....

PS: We have some unfinished business at this year’s Fall Challenge & a cowling to find... LOL
    President - Alliston Bassmasters

VP Alliston Bassmasters victorcapobianco's Avatar
    Sad to see you go Georgo. But good luck on your new path in Ottawa and hope that everything goes good for you. You will be missed. See you on the water.
    Thanks to: My Family, Kistler Rods, Skoll, MVP Jigs, Maui Jim, & X Zone Lures

Vice President Alliston Bassmasters

George I hear Ottawa is a great place to live, you will be missed. I will see you at the qualifier this year. best of luck in your future endeavors.

Mike S.
    2010, 2011 and 2013 York Bassmasters Angler of the Year
    2010 and 2011 Ontario B.A.S.S. Nation Angler of the Year

Any Day 1 Results?

Can someone post the day 1 results?