I would love to see our Pro/Ams get even more support next season. I looked over the numbers of many of the past big water tournaments (Lake Ontario, Simcoe, St. Lawrence) and I think my idea is going to stir up some interest. Don't get me wrong, the current big water tournaments are great, love them but we can make them even better.

For big water tournaments, there would be a lot more interest if the largemouth were more of a factor. Right now if you fish for largies at the Kingston Open for example, you are fishing for 20th place.

What if the rules changed to 6 largemouth or 5 smallmouth. Mixed bags would be 5 fish only. Guys targeting largemouth would still be at a disadvantage, but much less so especially in multi-day events. Boaters would certainly increase and so to would non-boaters. In talking to my non-boaters from the Kingston Open the last three years, they really get a pounding on the water and only the hard core make it back the following year.

I am not suggesting this rule change for inland lakes like Rice or Tri-lakes just big waters.

What do you guys think? Yeah or nay?