Quote Originally Posted by chad_wentzell View Post
I was not criticizing the kingston open as i have fished it both on the pro and am side. Very well run but the numbers speak for them selves.2 years ago there was not enough non boaters and a lot of anglers were donating spots to solder on. I had no interest in coming as a non boater but that was my only option as there was a list of boaters waiting to get in.Everyone is entitled to there own opinion and as fun as pro ams are i would rather see bigger team events. Its a Northern thing right now , look at the bfl and everstarts the numbers are way down in the north. The everstarts did not even a run a tournament on any of the great lakes last year.
True enough Chad pro am numbers are way down but it could be a sign of the times. There does seem to be an economic barrier for many these days but that is true for team events as well. It could be just a matter of saturation. So many tournaments and not enough time or cash. The tournaments that are doing well are lower entry fee events on smaller lakes where gas and other expenses don't get out of hand. But it would be a shame to loose all of our premier events because we don't support them and everyone's opinion will show in the number of entries. It is certainly an industry in transition.