Thread: Congrats Simon and Mell

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Congrats Simon and Mell

The only ones to boat 5 decent fish and to Greg Klatt and George Schneider who almost one with largemouth!!!

What a day out there. I have never seen the lake fish that tough so I guess its about to turn over. I believe that is the lowest weights ever recorded even from the Crackle Cup days. It certainly adds a whole new dimension to the tournament. It was always believed that the tournament could never be won with largemouth, won on Couchiching, or with less than 27 pounds. The old saying that "someone always gets them" certainly wasn't true, nobody got em but Simon did what needed to be done and that's what wins tournaments.

Thanks to the Aurora Bassmasters for another incredible job of organizing the event. You guys made it all look easy.

Thanks to Environment Canada who finally got one forecast right and everyone was prepared. Other than a few broken trolling motors and some loose screws there were no major incidents.

Thanks again to Andy and Vita and the CSFL crew. I'm sure its even worse hanging around in that weather than it was for us.

Thanks to BPS for your support and all the other sponsors including Jack Links for the best Beef Jerky on the market and what usually becomes my lunch out there.

Thanks to the City of Orillia, the best fishing friendly town in the province.

Maybe it will be back to normal next year
    Last edited by JohnWhyte; 10-23-2013 at 08:31 AM.
    Time on the Water Canada