Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Simcoe Showdown Registration Opens Today!

Thanks John,maybe I will just call Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb culbert View Post
    I just don't have the desire to
    Take a 18 foot boat out on Lake Ontario,lol.
    Not that it matters, but I would think that Simcoe is not a lot less forgiving than Ontario lol. Just saying :P lol
    Special Thanks To Erieau Eau Buoy; Bayview Bliss Cabins; Erieau Marina & CyberStoned Computer Systems

Aric
    There is almost no conditions that I can't go out on Simcoe but Lake O gets really big when it blows. If you get a 20 knot wind on Ontario there's no boat big enough.
    Time on the Water Canada

I know, but they are both considered big water, and either lake has the potential of blowing an 18' boat off the lake with the right wind. I've heard my share of horror stories about guys in 16-18's that got stuck in 8-10 footers on Simcoe and that's plenty big imo! Doable, but still big lol
    Special Thanks To Erieau Eau Buoy; Bayview Bliss Cabins; Erieau Marina & CyberStoned Computer Systems

I think when someone says 8 to 10 footers on Simcoe that might be about a 3 ft embellishment. The roughest I've ever seen is about 6 to 7 and I lost a boat in it tied up to my dock. When someone say 8 to 10 on Ontario they mean constant very big waves. I don't think I would be out on either in an 18 ft boat.
    Time on the Water Canada