Thread: Renegade Bass - Team Renegade Master Development

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member MichaelVandenberg's Avatar

Renegade Bass - Team Renegade Master Development

There are many factors which anglers consider before making the jump from recreational fisherman to tournament angler. Having the proper equipment and time to commit are a couple. Experience, knowledge and confidence in your abilities are others. Renegade Bass would like to introduce the Team Renegade Master Development program. This program will allow all Renegade Bass members registered for the 2014 series to participate in detailed lake specific seminars hosted by Renegade Bass top PROs. The program does not stop at the seminars. Each participating team will be paired with these PROs to provide further coaching throughout the year. This program's ultimate goal is to give all competing teams the knowledge and confidence to compete against the best anglers from Ontario and Quebec.

I believe this is a great attempt to grow the sport. Will be interested to see how it plays out. Congrats to the Renegade Series for the attempt at something different.
    I would like to thank the following :

Agreed Ken, and I believe it's more than something different. As a recruitment initiative it's great - there are anglers who I believe hold back from fishing Renegade because of a lack of familiarity with some or all of the bodies of water. The Renegade Masters Program will help eliminate the knowledge/familiarity issue.

More importantly though it's about giving back to the sport as well as an opportunity for sponsored anglers to show value to their supporters by engaging directly with other anglers.

They will be a valuable event for any tournament angler or future Renegade team to attend.
    Matt Massey
    HOOKSET.COM

Pretty cool idea!
    Thanks to: Mr. Pest Control, St. Croix Rods, Radio World, Lews Reels, Anglers Choice Baits, The Rod Glove, Spro Baits and VRX Fishing.

Even though I have never fished Renegade and am not able to this year, I'd be very interested in attending these seminars. Are they open to the public or for Renegade anglers only?

Awesome idea by the way!

The seminars which will in great detail break down each of the bodies of water on the 2014 schedule are exclusive to the Team Renegade Masters Development competitors. The anglers delivering the seminars have been selected amongst the most successful on each of the respective bodies of water. They have communicated their sincere interest in sharing information with the newer Renegade Teams but given the time and effort invested in compiling the knowledge requested that the audience be limited.

I think it's great, both the idea in general and for the select anglers to teach the newcomers, great job to everyone involved!