I'd agree with everything Joey stated. The 3rd day cut now helps with guys who are out of it. I have learned more about fishing as an amateur in the Canadian Open then I could ever imagine. These guys really know their stuff. I have fished all 5 years as an amateur. I ask every pro what they would like me to bring. Sure not everyone has 5 rods or more and boat load of tackle. Generally a pro will say we are going for buckets or smallies, deep or shallow and give you some ideas of what to bring. Anytime I didn't have a rod or the proper tackle they would offer thiers. They are in it to win. Sure some guys are protective and worried about equipment but most will offer something if needed. I've always offered gas money. Some will not take a cent, some will take a little, some will split it right down the middle. Most for gas I've seen is $100. That's a day of running. A lot of Am's get discouraged if they don't have a stacked event of high end pros. To that I'd say I just want to be in the boat for my pros best day. It's fishing and anything can happen. I've had 7-8lb bags for a day before but I wouldn't change anything. I had great days and met amazing guys. I can honestly say I'm friends with every pro I've fished with and all regularly message me when they come back to Kingston. The experience is a must for an avid angler. After 5 years and good buddies getting me hooked, I'm switching to the pro side this year. Hope this helps. Ps. Bring a good rain suit.