Thread: Question for Renegade

Question for Renegade

Day 2 of the 1000 islands open I got a speeding ticket in the American narrows (30 mile speed limit). It doesn’t matter for this tournament because we ended up dumping our fish that day and didn’t fish day 3. My question is, would I have been DQ'd for this? What are the rules regarding this for other tournaments?

Thanks

My thought is as all laws must be obeyed if anyone informed the TD you would have to be DQ'd. Same applies for no wake zones etc.
    thanks to: Urban Ford, Urban Sport and Quick Lane Auto Care, Quantum, Strike King, Gourley's Variety, Goldwing Automotive, Canadian Tire Renfrew

These are from the TOP BASS Fishing series General Rules.

1-1(d) In the event of a violation of any tournament rules or Municipal, Provincial, or Federal law, a team may be disqualified from the event and future events and will not receive a refund.

1-1(h) All participants in all TOP BASS Fishing Series events must comply with all Ministry of Natural Resources (MNR) Regulations and all other Municipal, Provincial, and Federal regulations. Failure to comply with any regulations set out by any of these agencies may result in the disqualification of those involved.
    Thanks to: E.S. Automotive (Newmarket), Interstate, NGK, TDS Transmission (Newmarket), Raybestos Brakes, Spicer Suspension, DNS Armature 2000, Monroe Shocks, Walker exhaust (Tenneco), Thora used cars (Newmarket) and most of all MY MOM.

1-1May be disqualified. I Heard Takario Amori got an 800$ fine that weekend same place

Wasn't Tako, Mike it was Kotaro Kiriyama. He was clocked at 74 mph in a 30 zone. Under B.A.S.S. rules he was not DQ'ed.
    Arguing with a fool, is like carrying a lantern for a blind man.

Become a better angler, or donate with a better attitude.

National Contender 2013 Phil Curtis's Avatar
    During a BASS open a few years back on Champlain, my boater recieved a ticket from Vermont Fish and Wildlife for not having a Vermont Fishing license. He called Jon Stewart the BASS tournament director and was DQ's on the spot for that day for breaking or violating rules. That was a BASS rule.
    Proudly Sponsored by:Pure Fishing, TH Marine, Hydrowave, Keitech USA, Mega Jigs.
    Pro Plan member for Arcteryx and Simms.

It's all at the Tournament Directors discretion unless clearly stated.
    Mega Jigs - 'If we don't make it, you don't need it'
    Anglers Choice - 'choose wisely'

Most tours will disqualify you if you break the law and someone reports you.
    Time on the Water Canada

Kotaro was given a 30 minute penalty at blast-off.

Senior Member MichaelVandenberg's Avatar
    As per the following Renegade Bass rule you would have been disqualified had this information been brought to the attention of the tournament director:

SPORTSMANSHIP

All contestants are required to follow high standards of sportsmanship, courtesy and conservation. Anglers must conduct themselves in a manner that will be a credit to themselves, the Renegade Bass organization, the Renegade Bass sponsors, the sport of fishing and Renegade Bass's efforts to promote the sport. All contestants are obligated to adhere to the tournament rules and procedures as well as any additional instructions communicated by the Tournament Director. Interpreting and potentially manipulating a rule or the spirit of a rule in the interests of advantage will be deemed a violation of the sportsmanship code and will result in a penalty.

Examples of conduct not complying with those standards include, but are not limited to, the following:

• Any act or inflammatory statement by any contestant that, in the opinion of the Tournament director, is detrimental to the operation of the tournament, damaging to organized bass fishing, to Renegade Bass or any of its sponsors, or to regulatory agencies or their officers (such as rangers, wardens, fishery biologists, etc.) during the practice round or tournament, may result in a temporary suspension or expulsion from all future Renegade Bass tournaments.

• Violation of or failure to comply with any of the Renegade Bass rules, regulations, guidelines and procedures.
    • Any act that is considered threatening behavior to another competitor, Renegade Bass shore staff, Renegade Bass executive member or tournament director.
    • Failure to comply with directions or orders given by the tournament director. (i.e. when to bag fish, when a competitor can load their boat.)
    • Failure to comply with municipal, provincial and federal laws and regulations. (i.e. This will also include complying with all official Federal marine speed limits and all no wake zones).
    • The use and or possession of illegal drugs or the consumption of alcoholic beverages will not be tolerated at any Renegade Bass function