Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: clarification on team of the year qualifying

clarification on team of the year qualifying

Just wondering If someone can clarify team of the year qualifying....is it based on 3 divisionals and the classic....3 divisional and the regional....or 3 divisionals the regional and the classic
    As well if the regional cup is included are points for regional cup being determined based on overall standings or standings within the division you qualified through. ..any clarification would be greatly appreciated

3 divisional and the regional
    Current sponsors: EdgePoint Inc., Yamamoto Custom Baits, Eco Pro Tungsten, Mizmo Bait Co., BioEdge Scents, Simax Fishing Rods, Wellington Brewery, Trailhead Premium Lager, Koppers Live Target lures, Five Fish Graphics & Butler's Appliance Service.

www.EdgePointInc.com

Fair enough Craig..I didn't see the update on May 31st before the season began...I was reading from the rules on the back of the registration form. I'm assuming points are given based on overall standing and not the standing in your division?

I got an email yesterday from Victoria at CSFL saying points were calculated based on the entire team and not by division. Just like their other events.

Thanks all. ..that answers my questions

Thats kind of confusing. Rule #49 states its 3 tourneys in the division not including any Wild cards

All Canadian Team is qualifying evens plus Regional plus Classic

Yeah, I had that same question for Andy based on Rule #49 when I found out after G-Pool event. He changed the format this year and made an announcement in May but they did not update the rules on their webpage.
    Last edited by JustinFung; 08-21-2015 at 01:33 PM.

The CSFL is pleased to announce the 2015 BASSMANIA Eastern, Central & Western Teams of the Year (TOY) will be given the first right of refusal to represent the CSFL and its fellow anglers south of the border with only one event separating them from a chance of a life time. TOYs will be determined by three qualifying events utilizing the Regional Cup as the fourth event (Wildcards can only be used for CSFL qualifying purposes and cannot be used towards TOY points). Should a TOY decline the opportunity, the position would then go to the runner up TOY within the division and so forth until the position is filled. If a team is awarded TOY in more than one division, the team will assume both titles, however the team will take the position from their higher points thereby opening a position in the other division to the next highest ranking team who will then fill the position

Regards
    CSFL

I thought that we were only competing against our Div for points during the regional not the whole field. Doesn't make sense you compete against one group for 3 events for ToY than another for the the last torney. I was told that in the regional you would only compete against your division for points... Has that changed!?!?

It seems the rules have changed again! Back in May CSLF decided to change their format for TOY and include the Regional Cup in the point totals. Andy said B.A.S.S. required this since they were sending teams to their Team event in the US? They posted an announcement here but did not update their official rules on their webpage. If you go to their website today, rule #49 still says TOY is based on 3 divisional events and does not include any wildcards. Now at the end of August the CSFL still doesn't know how they are going to calculate points for TOY at the Regional Cup? August 19th, I got an email from CSFL stating, "The Team of the Year points will be calculated the same as any other qualifier, the amount of teams will determine the points range. So if there are 75 teams the points will range from 75 to 0." Now it seems the rules are changing. Apparently B.A.S.S Requires that points be distributed by division now?? This wasn't known in June, July or even August 19th? It is very frustrating as an angler to commit to a circuit, pay almost $400 per event and have the rules constantly change throughout the season. What is worse than the rules constantly changing, is the lack of effort to communicate the changes. At blast off or weigh in rule changes should be presented in writing to anglers and not left to people to find online. BM100 TOY team thought they won after a strong finish in the final event on Scugog. They admit they do not go on social media often but had a paper copy of the entry form and rules they sent in when they registered. They then went to the CSFL website for clarification and couldn't understand when and why rule #49 changed? I was also there when Peter and Pat Morroco were told the same news after they took 5th in the Gloucester Pool event and learned they now had to also compete in the Regional if they want to claim the title. I have been fishing CSFL since the beginning and I have been trying to stay away from the dock talk and the negativity but over the last couple years been seeing too many changes, inconsistencies and lack of attention to anglers paying top dollar to for these events. I have a list of things that I could discuss. All of us as paying customers deserve responses to our emails, returned calls when leaving messages and better communication around rule changes. Apparently this latest change was going to be announced at the meeting on Sept 3rd? Why not announce them to everyone now BEFORE they have signed up for regional cup? why not email or call everyone on the list? There is another thread right now where people are asking how do you find out if they qualified? In my opinion, there needs to be a better effort and process to communicate to all of the anglers who support this series.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinFung View Post
    It seems the rules have changed again! Back in May CSLF decided to change their format for TOY and include the Regional Cup in the point totals. Andy said B.A.S.S. required this since they were sending teams to their Team event in the US? They posted an announcement here but did not update their official rules on their webpage. If you go to their website today, rule #49 still says TOY is based on 3 divisional events and does not include any wildcards. Now at the end of August the CSFL still doesn't know how they are going to calculate points for TOY at the Regional Cup? August 19th, I got an email from CSFL stating, "The Team of the Year points will be calculated the same as any other qualifier, the amount of teams will determine the points range. So if there are 75 teams the points will range from 75 to 0." Now it seems the rules are changing. Apparently B.A.S.S Requires that points be distributed by division now?? This wasn't known in June, July or even August 19th? It is very frustrating as an angler to commit to a circuit, pay almost $400 per event and have the rules constantly change throughout the season. What is worse than the rules constantly changing, is the lack of effort to communicate the changes. At blast off or weigh in rule changes should be presented in writing to anglers and not left to people to find online. BM100 TOY team thought they won after a strong finish in the final event on Scugog. They admit they do not go on social media often but had a paper copy of the entry form and rules they sent in when they registered. They then went to the CSFL website for clarification and couldn't understand when and why rule #49 changed? I was also there when Peter and Pat Morroco were told the same news after they took 5th in the Gloucester Pool event and learned they now had to also compete in the Regional if they want to claim the title. I have been fishing CSFL since the beginning and I have been trying to stay away from the dock talk and the negativity but over the last couple years been seeing too many changes, inconsistencies and lack of attention to anglers paying top dollar to for these events. I have a list of things that I could discuss. All of us as paying customers deserve responses to our emails, returned calls when leaving messages and better communication around rule changes. Apparently this latest change was going to be announced at the meeting on Sept 3rd? Why not announce them to everyone now BEFORE they have signed up for regional cup? why not email or call everyone on the list? There is another thread right now where people are asking how do you find out if they qualified? In my opinion, there needs to be a better effort and process to communicate to all of the anglers who support this series.

Justin, according to the official rules on the CSFL website TOY is only the 3 events.

49. Team of the Year is based on the 3 out of 3 events in their respective tour not including any Wildcard events. All Canadian Team title is based on your qualifying event points plus the BM Regional Cup III and the CSFL National Classic XIX points. Points for the All Canadian Team will be determined by the field size of each qualifying event. Classic Champions have an automatic qualification for the next season’s Regional Cup. The Champion(s) must compete in at least three qualifying events. If the Champions do not compete as a team they will lose this privilege and will have to re-qualify with their new partners.
    Thanks to: Wellington Brewery, Yamamoto Custom Baits, Mizmo Bait Co, Eco Pro Tungsten, BioEdge Fishing, Vicious Fishing Line.

Tony...I have to agree with Justin on the one. ..although the rules on the website state 3...please note the following that is stated in this same forum on a May 31st update. This update noted below was not updated on the CSFLS website which is confusing everyone and what through me off as well.

See below
    Team of the Year*in each Division is based on the 4 events. 3 tour events plus the RC-3. Not including any Wildcards*

This should have been updated on the CSFL site and relayed to the anglers thru a different media ..I myself hadn't been on BFB for months and would not have known otherwise

I'm going to grab a bucket of popcorn for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard_Cocks View Post
    I'm going to grab a bucket of popcorn for this one.
    Must be 4 days to September lol
    Special Thanks To Erieau Eau Buoy; Bayview Bliss Cabins; Erieau Marina & CyberStoned Computer Systems