Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poll for Quinte Fishing Series

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Poll for Quinte Fishing Series

The Quinte Fishing Series committee will be meeting the week prior to the Classic to discuss changes for 2016 season and beyond. As part of this we would like all anglers to fill out a quick survey. The cutoff for filling the survey will be noon on September 9th.
    Thank you for your time filling this out and helping us,
    Brad Pound
    To go to the survey please click here,

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HG58VTR
    Last edited by Dan Elliot; 09-01-2015 at 10:39 PM.

Bump.

There is a lot of anglers out there that say they cannot compete with anglers that run to the lake. So if the lake was closed, would these anglers enter ?? Their next excuse might be that they cannot compete with the bass boats. Just my nickel lol.
    Sposored by Visa, Scotia Bank and my Wife.

Downtown Bass Anglers of Durham Region

www. downtownbassanglers.com

I think that leaving the lake open but making it just largemouth events would be a great idea.

you guys should just launch out of picton harbour or bath, as clearly going to the lake is what everyone wants.

maybe rename it to the lake ontario fishing series?

Last time I looked it was a Quinte series. I don't understand why the lake is open, to me that is BS.

If lake stays open wont fix issues because many big largemouth bags are caught in Lake draw line at end of reach....then make it largie/smallie...i quit the series cause the long runs coupled with practice mean you have to win to make any money...by 3rd you arebreaking even at best.

Lake open 30 boats, Bay only 75 + boats. Clearly, it has shown.

Many have stopped fishing .

Choices!!!! It's all about choices: here are your options, choose them or move on to what suits your fancy!! Easy as that .............................. There's no right or wrong here: just choices!!!!
    Ontario BASS Federation Nation Team Ontario 2006 - Special thanks to Shimano/GLoomis, Power Pro, and Jackall Lures - My Personal Hobbypage at www3.sympatico.ca/pepe-faye

Take it easy pep lol

it doesn't have so much to do with guys making excuses glen, sorry to burst your bubble. its actually based more on actual fact, and that is when the lake is open if your not running at least a 20 ft boat(for safty when the wind picks up) then its not even a choice ....you stay home. When the lake is open any boat that fishes the bay is out of the running, which leaves only the boats that decided to make the 300$ boat ride. So its actually just a "smoke screen" because although some clowns might think you can compete in the bay ...on your best day 21-22 pounds of largies doesnt hold a stick to the 30 guys who ran to the lake and rounded up 22-27 pounds of smallies. That's why i stay home when the lake is open, if i wanted to fish lake ontario i would enter a lake ontario tournament. that being said, running a event closer to the lake would make for a better turn out as smaller boats would not have to think about if they can make the run to the lake (thus keeping them competitive)...... personally i love this series i hope to see it keep growing! been fishing it for a few years now and i will be for years to come!

I don't fish tournaments nor this series, however, I did pre fish it with a buddy back in July with a 20 ft ranger. I don't really understand it....? It says quinte yet half the tournaments are open to Lake Ontario. The run out there was crazy and costed a $hit load of money. I look at it as if some one like me wanted to fish this series with my boat I could when it's LM only within the bay. Soon as it opens up to the lake I would have no chance because my rig could never make it out there and back.

Havne't fished it, but would like to some day. The 5-6 hr trip makes it costly though. Personally I think it's the mixed restrictions if anything is what deters teams from entering. The Largemouth only rule should be scrapped. There's big smallys in the bay too so they should count even if it's a bay only tournament. But I do think a boundary to keep things on a level playing field would help. This isn't a big time top level super tour. It was originally designed to cater to weekend anglers who want a fun and well run series on a great body of water (at least that's what I've been told). So I say if closing the bay will get a few more boats out and force the running guys to learn the bay, they a bigger field is a bigger field.
    Special Thanks To Erieau Eau Buoy; Bayview Bliss Cabins; Erieau Marina & CyberStoned Computer Systems

Might as well change it up to largemouth only, as much as i love fishing for smallmouth, I dont like the long rough runs. Id rather fish against a possible 75 boats than the 30 boats that enter for smallmouth open events. Im not a fan of fishing near other boats and I think keeping it open waters will spread out the possible 75 boats better, than 10-20 boats fishing beside each other for smallmouth in the Bay. Might as well try it, it wont hurt, Maybe make the classic Smallmouth/Largemouth Open waters to be fair to he guys who like smallmouth and give them at least 1 tournment to run if the weather co-operates. I think thats fair for both sides.