Quote Originally Posted by kendoner View Post
Hold two Bay only tournies and two Lake open tournies and pick the one with the highest turnout. Seems pretty simple to me.
The only problem I see with that is the actual Dates used to host each. I've noticed (as with several other tours on this and other bodies of water) that the turnouts seem to be at their highest earlier in the year (when the fishing is typically better than in the dog days of summer). Probably accounts for part of the reason (among others) why the QBC gets such a great turnout. I think you would almost need to have 2-3 seasons rotating the dates for each format to get the most accurate averages.

I heard that part of the reason they have a Bay only LM event close to opener almost every season was through angler consensus that it was preferred to leave the later spawning lake fish alone for a couple few extra weeks. I could be wrong on this as it was admittedly only hearsay from having this conversation with others.

At any rate I think a number of variables come into play with this. I've personally always like the idea of a Tour, any Tour to rotate their dates, lakes and venues. Not a huge fan of monotonous schedules that have little change. It only tends to breed local experts and most the field never really gets the opportunity to learn and grow as anglers. Part of why I haven't returned to the Kawartha's to fish a series since the demise of well we know who they are. Not that they aren't bad tours to fish, just got tired of seeing the same thing over and over and over again. But that's another issue altogether!