Thread: 214+% in cash & prize paid out in 2015, Be part of 2016!

Senior Member MichaelVandenberg's Avatar

214+% in cash & prize paid out in 2015, Be part of 2016!

214+% in cash & prize paid out in 2015, Be part of 2016!

The December 1st early bird deadline is fast approaching and we want you to be in the early bird draw. 2015 was another great year and we are very much looking forward to 2016, our 21st year.

2016 Schedule
    June 25th – Q1: Dog/Cranberry/Whitefish, Seeley's bay
    July 9th – Q2: Big Rideau Lake, Rideau Ferry Harbour & Kid's Derby
    July 23rd – Q3: Lake St.Francis, Marina 200 - Cornwall
    July 24th – Pro-AM: Lake St.Francis, Marina 200 - Cornwall
    August 20th – Q4: St.Lawrence River, Morrisburg
    September 10th & 11th - Classic XXI: (eligible waters include Newboro Lake, Mississippi Lake, Dog/Cranberry/Whitefish, Big Rideau Lake and Lake St.Francis)

When we proudly display our percentage payout at annual general meeting, some questions are not always asked and this can lead to some misinformation. Our goal each and every year is to do better than the previous. 2015 once again set the bar even higher when it comes to benefits to our membership. While maximizing payouts is always a goal, our primary goal is to offer a series that all members can be proud of and want to be part of.

In 2015, the four qualifiers and Classic XX cash payouts totaled $66,300 which represents 95.3% of the entry fees ($1200*58=$69600) for series registered teams. Adding the MSRP value of the Classic prize Ranger Boat/Evinrude BRP ($55,000) and Team of the Year prize ($5000) the percentage of payout is 181.5%.

The 2015 contingency prizes from Shimano, G.Loomis, Ranger Boats/Evinrude BRP & OBWS through the Ranger Cup program, Yokohama Tire and Goldwing Autocare, Rhodes & Williams Insurance, Berkley, Motorguide, Lowrance and Navionics had $28,000+ in additional cash and prizes available to be won. Through these contingency programs Renegade Bass paid out $22,978 in cash and prizes in 2015. When factoring these winnings, Renegade Bass paid an astonishing 214+% in 2015.

Breakdown of 2015 Contingency Prize Payouts

Shimano Platinum Performance - Shimano Gift Certificates ($1500)
    Shimano Loyalty Rewards - 2016 Entry fees ($1200)
    Ranger Cup; Ranger Boats - Cash ($3000)
    Yokohama - 2 sets of tires ($4000)
    G.Loomis - IMX Rods ($400)
    Rhodes & Williams ($1250)
    Motorguide - Tour Edition Touring Motor ($1230)
    Lowrance - Two HDS5 Gen2 units ($1498)
    Navionics - Navionics Platinum chips ($2000)
    29 Ranger Cup Classic Qualifier Jackets - ($2900)
    Berkely Rookie and Most Improved ($2000)
    Shimano Master Development Program ($2000)

Renegade Bass was the first series in Canada to offer the Ranger Cup program and still is the only series that offers the award to the highest placing Ranger qualified owner. There is also no year restriction for the Ranger Cup program in Renegade Bass. Since 2005, $37,350 (83.5+% [$31,200] in cash from Ranger Boats) has been awarded through the Ranger Cup program including 11 Classic prize Ranger Boats.

2015 - Ranger Z519 with 225HP Evinrude E-Tec HO
    2014 - Ranger Z119 with 225HP Evinrude E-Tec HO
    2013 - Ranger Z119 with 200HP Evinrude E-Tec HO
    2012 - Ranger Z119 with 200HP Evinrude E-Tec HO
    2011 - Ranger Z119 with 200HP Evinrude E-Tec HO
    2010 - Ranger 198VS with 200HP
    2009 - Ranger 198VX with 200HP
    2008 - Ranger 198VX with 200HP
    2007 - Ranger 188VS with 175HP
    2006 - Ranger 188VS with 175HP
    2005 - Ranger 185VS with 175HP

Looking ahead to 2016, pending confirmation with all sponsors we do expected to continue these contingency and loyalty programs.

Ranger Cup (12th year, since 2005)
    Shimano Platinum Angler (6th year, since 2011)
    G.Loomis Skeleton Crew Challenge (6th year, since 2011)
    Yokohama biggest bass of the Year presented by Goldwing Autocare (6th year, since 2011)
    Navionics (6th year, since 2011)
    Motorguide Team of the Year (5th year, since 2012)
    Rhodes & Williams Apprentice Award (5th year, since 2012)
    Lowrance Team of the Year (5th year, since 2012)
    Master Development Program (3rd year, since 2014)
    Rookie and Most Improved Team of the Year presented by Berkley (3rd year, since 2014)

There is just a few weeks till December so don't delay in getting your registration in. You are only required to put down a deposit of $350 with a remainder split between Feb 1, 2016 and May 1, 2016. If mail doesn't work for you, your registration form and cheques can be dropped off with Ed at Paddletales Tackle and Shaun at Bennett' Bait & Tackle. The Customer Appreciation event of Paddletales on Saturday November 14th is a perfect opportunity to drop off your 2016 series registration.

Let's go fish in 2016!

Registration Package -> http://www.renegadebass.com/data/documents/2016/2016_Registration_Package.pdf

WOW!!!! Just WOW!!!! So Awesome well done guys!
    Why there isn't a waiting list for this series is mind boggling!!! It is worth every Km!
    Thanks to: Mr. Pest Control, St. Croix Rods, Radio World, Lews Reels, Anglers Choice Baits, The Rod Glove, Spro Baits and VRX Fishing.

I agree 100% Peter. Going into my 18th year fishing it and can't wait.
    Thanks to Paddletales Tackle and Sign a Rama Nepean

My brother and I had been thinking about trying the Renegade series next season but I see a couple dates conflict with the FLW Canada tour so maybe in 2017.
    Sponsors: Vicious Fishing, Ardent Reels, BullDawg Rods

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Bartonek View Post
    WOW!!!! Just WOW!!!! So Awesome well done guys!
    Why there isn't a waiting list for this series is mind boggling!!! It is worth every Km!
    Renegade had done a great job building this series and from all accounts it is top notch BUT most young guys that would love to fish this series (myself included) that i know, live 2.5hrs+ away from the closest lake. We also don't have 6 weeks vacation. Most of us work full time jobs and the vacation time that we do have, we have to split between fishing/family/friends/prior engagements. Pre-fishing after work is obviously out of the question because of the travel, and if you think you're going to pre-fish for one of these events the sat/sun (weekend) before the event and show up and win you're dreaming (Some VERY good sticks fish this series, and have a wealth of knowledge on all these bodies of water). Most of us that fish the Kawartha's and have little to no experience on any of those lakes.....so then you factor in cost (travel, gas, accommodations for a week before every event and food) and it just doesn't make sense. One event, two....maybe...but a full series out there...you need some serious coin and I personally don't have that kind of money right now. Judging by field sizes most guys don't either. Once again though.....Great series, awesome lakes....good luck to all who fish them this upcoming season, i know I wish I could

That is incredible. What an incredible job Renegade has done. The payouts are more than double any other series in the region. If I could make all the events I would be there in a nanosecond.
    Time on the Water Canada

Quote Originally Posted by PeterTuz View Post
    Renegade had done a great job building this series and from all accounts it is top notch BUT most young guys that would love to fish this series (myself included) that i know, live 2.5hrs+ away from the closest lake. We also don't have 6 weeks vacation. Most of us work full time jobs and the vacation time that we do have, we have to split between fishing/family/friends/prior engagements. Pre-fishing after work is obviously out of the question because of the travel, and if you think you're going to pre-fish for one of these events the sat/sun (weekend) before the event and show up and win you're dreaming (Some VERY good sticks fish this series, and have a wealth of knowledge on all these bodies of water). Most of us that fish the Kawartha's and have little to no experience on any of those lakes.....so then you factor in cost (travel, gas, accommodations for a week before every event and food) and it just doesn't make sense. One event, two....maybe...but a full series out there...you need some serious coin and I personally don't have that kind of money right now. Judging by field sizes most guys don't either. Once again though.....Great series, awesome lakes....good luck to all who fish them this upcoming season, i know I wish I could
    Peter, My partner lives in Oshawa and I live North of Barrie. We perish the day before the event. We always plan to perish for the next event the Sunday after but haven't done that yet. The cost for me isn't much different then fishing in the Kawarthas. I still need a motel there so maybe $50 to $60 in extra truck gas. Its worth every kilometer to get there, both for the series and the lakes we fish. FLW sounds great but Id rather fish for money other then my own. And from I see there you are fishing for everyones entry fees. I wish you and your endeavour into FLW well.
    Bass Wishes
    Pete
    Thanks to: Mr. Pest Control, St. Croix Rods, Radio World, Lews Reels, Anglers Choice Baits, The Rod Glove, Spro Baits and VRX Fishing.

Pete, this was in no way meant to be a slight on Renegade or an FLW advertisement as I'm not sure if I'll be fishing any of their events either. Was just simply giving my ( and others I've talked to) reason why we don't fish it. I just don't feel that one day of pre-fish on bodies of water I've never been to against guys that have years of knowledge is like throwing money in fire (one day of pre-fish on a body of water like St.Francis is nothing, especially if you've never been there before. You're just rolling the dice). I wish you the best of luck next season and like I said before, I really wish I could fish the series....I think Renegade is definitely doing it right!

No Offence taken Peter! Hope to see you on the water....somewhere.lol
    Pete

Matt Tooley and I joined renegade last year as rookies, so we can give a little insight to those who may be considering joining an idea of what it's like. Before last year we had (still do) have little tournament experience outside of some smaller open tournaments around the kingston area. By trade we are back water junk fisherman so everything was brand new to us but we wanted to learn and get better. We had no idea what to expect once we signed up but from day one everyone was very helpful. We had absolutely no knowledge of the bodies of water we fished last year so we signed up for the master development program to learn everything we could. Each seminar was based around a body of water that was scheduled for that year and basically they bring in guys who have years of experience on that body of water and they tell you what to look for, how to pre-fish, what baits work for them, how to fish them etc. basically what they have learned in their years on that lake and hand it over. We were also given mentors Robert and Chris who we could go to with any question or problem we were having. We would call them during a pre fish or before the tournament and they would make sure we were on the right track, and if we weren't they would tell us what we needed to be doing. Not once were we left to the wolves. I can honestly say I don't know of a series that could be any better at making sure people develop into better fisherman, and with all the help thats offered through the seminars and MDP it actually does give guys an opportunity to be competative.

Doug Brownridge & I started fishing Renegade bass back in 2008 and what we've found is a extremely well run organization, very stiff competition and amazing paybacks! We originally went out there in search of some new waters to fish which we did along with developing some great friendships. Although it does seem daunting for people in the GTA, we normally only pre-fish on the Fri. before each event obviously donating more time for events such as the Classic!
    When you sign up to fish Renegade Bass, Renegade Bass becomes your circuit! No other circuit goes to the extent that Renegade does to help newcomers with program such as the Master Development Program which consists of a series of seminars as well as being paired up with a veteran Renegade team who act as mentors for the season! The amount of work that the Renegade executive puts in to make this series what it is, is truly remarkable!
    You really have to experience the circuit to fully appreciate how well run it and tough competition should hopefully make you a better tournament angler! Looking forward to another great season in 2016!
    Special Thanks to all my valued sponsors!