Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TOP BASS Fishing Series Anouncment May 31, 2016.

so Im gonna say what no one wants to say. Its obvious this new rule is in as a result of the two accused of cheating last year. Its been the rumor mill that they will again be fishing tournaments in southern Ontario. I would think that it would have made the best decision to have banned these two from competition. Regardless of their guilt or innocence ( and we all know truly what happened) why would an organization allow them in at the cost of additional scrutinizers lie detectors potentially sponsors and other anglers withdrawing from the series, why potentially lose thousands and thousands of dollars for a team entry? It doesn't make sense to me.
    As a business decision it seems clear the best decision is to ban the said individual's as opposed to allowing them to compete under controversy. Which sadly says there is much more to this story then any of us will ever know.

Running a bass circuit is a hard endeavor. Running a bass circuit and being criticized is even tougher. Choices made by directors are those that are acceptable by legal standards. I applaud the directors of Top Bass and wish them well. Anyone can be a captain in calm seas. Only the good ones can be captain in rough seas.

I understand people voicing there concerns regarding the new rule. My opinion on the situation is it is better to do something then sit back and do nothing. I whole heartedly agree with Joe and Peter. Back years ago there was a marshall in every boat, nobody ever worried about what there Marshall would do after the tournament either. Fishing changes year to year. The assumption is that these are people who fish. The only one that can answer that question is Ted. Ted has had to weather a storm he never created but is now having to deal with the aftermath of a bad situation. It is very easy for all of us to make judgements of this situation, however does anyone here have all the facts. Probably not. The only person that knows and that can truely answer is Ted.

well said Tim.
    ted needs to put this scrutiner in place or have the right to refuse entries.
    I do believe he has the later on is rules.

Ted makes the rules.

I do not think there is a fool proof way of preventing cheating. Bringing on scrutiners will not prevent me from fishing Top Bass and I have fished many Tournaments with scrutiners in the past, in both a 16 foot boat and a 20 foot boat. I think this measure will help deter cheaters. I think scrutiners only add to a tournaments credibility.