Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TOP BASS Fishing Series Anouncment May 31, 2016.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

TOP BASS Fishing Series Anouncment May 31, 2016.

May 31, 2016.
    To all TOP BASSFishing Series Anglers,

The TOP BASS Fishing Series has acquired the services of 3 individuals that have agreed to become Tournament Scrutineers for the TOP BASS 2016 season.
    These Scrutineers will be placed with 3 teams at each event during the 2016 season at the Tournament Director’s discretion or by a lottery draw.

As per General Rule1-1(c) (see below), any team that refuses to allow a scrutineer in the boat will be immediately disqualified from the event and possibly future events.

1-1(c)
    The tournament director may, at any time or during any event, place a scrutineer with any team(s) of his choice.
    He need not give a reason for doing so.
    Refusal of this rule will result in an immediate disqualification from the current event and the possibility of refusal of entry into any future events.
    If a team is disqualified for this reason they will forfeit their entry fee.
    Thanks to: E.S. Automotive (Newmarket), Interstate, NGK, TDS Transmission (Newmarket), Raybestos Brakes, Spicer Suspension, DNS Armature 2000, Monroe Shocks, Walker exhaust (Tenneco), Thora used cars (Newmarket) and most of all MY MOM.

I do have some concerns with this and i imagine so do some other people. Ted, Jeff you know i am not a shit disturber but i do think my concerns should be heard. Question #1. Will or Do these individuals compete in tournaments themselves? All of us anglers are pretty protective of our water at times and we don't want our "spots" being used against us in the future.
    Question#2 Because of the increased weight, accessibility of having another body in the boat, will there be a monitary concession on the entry? Fuel is getting more costly every year hauling an extra 200lbs (or so) will slow the competitors down for the day, not to mention having to trip over that third person when your partner yells "Net!"....um not cool. I lose a 5 lber to an observer......that dude or dudette is swimming back to the Launch trust me!
    Question #3. This is obviously a protective measure over the allegations of an infraction of a certain team last year. Why don't you implement a rule that states "The tournament Director can refuse entry of any individuals without explanation at his own discretion."

Again i'm not trying to cause issues I just want to be fair. I do plan on fishing the events this year as usual. There will only be one reason i won't and i'll leave that to myself but you can imagine what the reason would be.
    I'd like to thank the following for their support. Lightning Series Lures, K Auto, and PRO-X SERVICES.

Good rule, but I'm wondering....wouldn't it be easier to mandate 2 GoPro's, one for the front of the boat and the other for the back, to be mandatory?

I know it's an extra expense, but one could even use the footage to create promotional videos of themselves....just a thought from a non tournament angler.

Given it is at Tournament Director’s discretion, this should not be a problem. just thought i throw out that not everyone fishes out of a large boat, to some this might be illegal (over weight) & what would happen if lottery draw created such. I certainly understand the idea / purpose of this, and while i do not fish that many tournaments anymore i have always found Ted to be a very fair person & excellent organizer. best of luck to top bass great to have a moderately priced & well run circuit.

Every boat should have a scrutineer then as not to cause issue's for 3 teams. I for one have never and would never cheat in a fishing tournament, but this rule might have me rethink about fishing Top Bass. I've always enjoy the events I've fished but think there are other ways to catch the wrong doer's if there are still some out there.
    Sponsors: Vicious Fishing, Ardent Reels, BullDawg Rods

Wow is this whats its come to , Please...................
    Thanks to .Megacity towing,Bayfield Breweries for their support .

I havn't fished a Top Bass event in a few seasons, but I like the change.

Ted's series and his rules. The rule has always been there, just maybe not implemented. If anglers don't like it for whatever reason, there are other choices out there.

Good move in my opinion.
    The Peterborough Bassmasters would like to thank: Bridgenorth Sports and Marine, Lucky Strike Baitworks, Hyland Tree Care, Peterborough Battery and Shimano Canada for their support.

I don't fish top bass, however, the angling community is small and it seems to be the same lakes every year. If I worked hard, spending money fishing these lakes creating my milk run the last thing I would want is a third person watching what I'm doing how I'm doing and where I'm doing. No to mention not everyone has the luxury of fishing out of a 20 food bass boat...

Just start winning! You will learn to disguises what you are doing.

If I was drawn I'd have to have a scrutineer weighing less than 100 lbs to be legal and I would have a lot less room in an 18 ft boat. Let alone taking off. Maybe if your drawn for the day entry fees or a percentage are returned to the drawn teams to help offset the negatives like room, weight and extra fuel? Just an idea.

I personally don't like team events that much. I'd rather fish by myself / with a scrutineer. The first tournament I see that allows you to go solo with a scrutineer has my money. At least you know the event is clean and theres no BS.

Personally, spots ? really ? no offence but spots mean nothing. You have to be good, you have to have options and personally i wouldn't care about a scrutineer, id rather have that on every boat and know that everyones fishing clean...

Not everyone would agree but i think having partners is an odd structure, always has been a differentiator between our tournaments and american tournaments. I think they have it right ....
    [url]http://www.szomo.ca[/url]

How about hearing from people who actually fish the tournaments? Everyone has an opinion that doesn't fish team events, or "spots" whatever, I don't give two shits. I put my money on the line in these events so people that don't fish these events kindly move on. This is a discussion for the people that do plan on fishing the Top Bass series like me and my partner and I appreciate input from the others that are. I don't chirp in on other series rules that I don't fish.
    I'd like to thank the following for their support. Lightning Series Lures, K Auto, and PRO-X SERVICES.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeGray View Post
    How about hearing from people who actually fish the tournaments? Everyone has an opinion that doesn't fish team events, or "spots" whatever, I don't give two shits. I put my money on the line in these events so people that don't fish these events kindly move on. This is a discussion for the people that do plan on fishing the Top Bass series like me and my partner and I appreciate input from the others that are. I don't chirp in on other series rules that I don't fish.
    So you don't care about top bass expanding? You don't want new anglers "blood" putting their money on the line? This is the "tournament angler" attitude that keeps guy like me and many more from entering tournaments like this. Wrong attitude dude. If guys like you are fishing top bass, guys like me will not be. Check it at the door man... The rule change was posted on big fat bass. It's an open forum and any member of this forum has his/her right to comment. " why are we not seeing new/younger anglers entering Ontario bass tournaments?"

I think it provides a good deterrent to cheating and builds integrity into the events at the same time. If a team can show it puts them over capacity then give them a pass but as far as extra weight, only an 18'r etc. well none of that will hinder guys putting fish in the boat. I think im fishing Mike so I took a chance on posting this lol
    Hirk's (Tackle & Marine)
    1561 King St. Courtice, Ont. 905 576-8600

I have to kind of chuckle here...
    Complaining about having a scrutiny and wanting money paid back to you for your inconvenience etc... REALLY!!! What about the inconvenience of fishing against cheaters???
    I would think sacrificing some room in your boat form time to time in order to keep things on the up and up is a small price to pay!!! Personally I would pay extra if I new that money was going towards stopping cheating.
    And Go Pros??? obviously if your suggesting that you haven't used them!!! Max battery life is 2 hours and they don't always work the greatest in extreme conditions like heat.
    I applaud Top Bass for trying to do something!! If may not quite be the answer but they are trying!
    Thanks to: Mr. Pest Control, St. Croix Rods, Radio World, Lews Reels, Anglers Choice Baits, The Rod Glove, Spro Baits and VRX Fishing.