Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018 CSFL Schedule

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

2018 CSFL Schedule

It must have been released already and I missed it, but now I can't get on the website because my anti-virus software keeps blocking it. Perhaps the CSFL site has been hacked. Anyone got the 2018 sched they can send me or post please?

I confirmed with the CSFL that the dates listed are firm now ... however ... their site has been down since late last week
    I would like to thank the following :

Thank you. Looks like the registration form link is still not working,though.

http://csfl.ca/registration/

Looks like the event selection portion of the link isn't working.

Yeah, it's the Rules/Classic qualifying format that I'm trying to find. Got the dates now.

The original schedule had 7 tournaments. Noticed it was six now. So is it 4 out of 6 to qualify as before it was 5 out of 7?

It looks like it's changed again. You now have to fish a minimum of five events to qualify for a tour.
    Last edited by KenWelsh; 01-31-2018 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KenWelsh View Post
    Well, it looks like it's changed again. You now have to fish a minimum of five events to qualify for a tour.
    Yes, and I think the non-piercing culling tags rule might be new too.

I wonder if the minimum of 5 qualifying events is 5 OVERALL or 5 within THAT TOUR?

I think this may or may not be a carry forward in the rules from the 5 out of 7 qualification ... could be 4 now that there is only 6 events each ?

The non invasive culling tags were in the rules for 2018 from the beginning

So they use your best 4 results for qualifying , do you still need to fish a minimum of 5 even though you use your best 4 results. ? Like the rule on non invasive cull tags

Only 4 to qualify. 5 for Team of the year

Rule 43 below - "minimum of five events to qualify for all tours" .... best 4 of 6 to determine points for the top 40 spots; but wording still suggests minimum of 5 needed to even qualify for the tour

43. Qualifying for CSFL National Classic XXII: Top 40 teams from Eastern and Western Tours and Top 10 from the
    BM Open and BM100 Tours will advance to the CSFL National Classic XXII. Qualification is based on combined
    points within the respective tour using the best four out of six events. BM100 qualifiers must use BM100 spec boat
    for the CSFL National Classic XXII. A minimum of five events is required to qualify for all tours. Competitors fishing
    with various partners in a tour may qualify as an individual. If a partner is not able to participate in one of the five
    qualifying events, one partner may compete as an individual and maintain the points for the team. If you qualify
    as a team as well as an individual, team qualification overrules the individual qualification. No double qualifying
    within one tour however Teams/Angler may qualify in each tour eliminating Classic positions. However should a
    team forfeit their lower Classic position, the position will be filled with the next eligible team within the tour.

Quote Originally Posted by KenWelsh View Post
    Rule 43 below - "minimum of five events to qualify for all tours" .... best 4 of 6 to determine points for the top 40 spots; but wording still suggests minimum of 5 needed to even qualify for the tour

43. Qualifying for CSFL National Classic XXII: Top 40 teams from Eastern and Western Tours and Top 10 from the
    BM Open and BM100 Tours will advance to the CSFL National Classic XXII. Qualification is based on combined
    points within the respective tour using the best four out of six events. BM100 qualifiers must use BM100 spec boat
    for the CSFL National Classic XXII. A minimum of five events is required to qualify for all tours. Competitors fishing
    with various partners in a tour may qualify as an individual. If a partner is not able to participate in one of the five
    qualifying events, one partner may compete as an individual and maintain the points for the team. If you qualify
    as a team as well as an individual, team qualification overrules the individual qualification. No double qualifying
    within one tour however Teams/Angler may qualify in each tour eliminating Classic positions. However should a
    team forfeit their lower Classic position, the position will be filled with the next eligible team within the tour.
    It does suggest that, but I just wonder if those 5 have to be in the same tour in which you are trying to qualifying, or is it 5 across all tours combined? In the meantime, the CSFL site seems to be infected with a virus, so I suggest not going on there anytime soon.