Thread: Season opener

Season opener

Just want to confirm that the first tourn is July 1st "Tuesday". I realize that is what the schedule say's, just has not been much talk / news for a long time. Also I assume it is Bobcaygeon same place as always. Running head to head with Linsday Tourn again this year, bumper boat time in the river. Never the less the long wait is almost over.

Yes it is July 1st and I am assuming also that it is out of Bobcaygeon

Senior Member Chris_Cappuccitti's Avatar
    Hey guys,

The Lindsay Bassmaters Open is running out of Lindsay for sure (they have it booked with the town) so I would assume that Top Bass is not running out of Lindsay.

Hope this helps

Just confirmed with Ted, we are out of Bobcaygeon

See you there, Hope the feild turns out to be decent. I understand that July 1st (Tue) is the legal holiday, however lots of people that I have talked with are off Monday & working Tue. Of course us die hard fishermen find a way to take both off, in my case the full week. Been a long wait & will take more than a couple of days to scratch the itch.

I was told that the road that runs along Pigeon lake is closed. Not sure of the Road #, but I know alot of guys that live in the peterbourgh area will be taking this route, and if closed could be very late. Including myself. Would not be a good start to the season. Can always put in 4x4 and pin it and hope for the best. Or i'll just let my wife drive. If anyone has heard anything let me know please.

Darren,
    The road is old Victoria County Road 24 and it is still closed. I heard the DFO wants some studies done to make sure the restoration of the bridge doesn't affect the fishery. Rumour has it, it will be closed until late next year.

It isn't the road along Pigeon that's closed. It's the one along the south side of Sturgeon from Dunsford...#24

So, which road is closed?

County Road 24? (big bridge at the lake)
    or
    Highway 36? (little bridge on Emily Creek)

THanks,
    JEFFY

County Rd 24, at the lake.

Good, I use 36 all the way in from Lindsey.

Thanks,
    JEFFY