Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the 2010 Season of the CSFL

Welcome to the 2010 Season of the CSFL

Welcome to the 2010 Season of the CSFL
    At this time we wish to thank you for supporting the CSFL. We look forward to an exciting season and wish you great success.

As the season commences, we would like to bring a few matters to your attention.

The Bay of Quinte Wildcard taking place Monday August 2 (Civic Holiday) is restricted to the Bay only. The 3 Man Event allows up to a maximum of 3 anglers. This event takes place on Sunday July 25 on Bay of Quinte (Bay only) out of George Street Ramp in Belleville. This event has a 5 fish limit per team.

As of July 1, 2010, the GST (5%) will be replaced with the HST (13%). After this date all outstanding entry fees will be subject to this new tax.

A boater’s license is now required. Please ensure this is on your person when participating in any CSFL event.
    Please note, the following amendment has been made to the CSFL rule relating to PFD’s:
    Rule #17 You must wear an approved flotation device while the outboard is running. Manual sospenders/vests or manual inflatable life jackets will not be acceptable. Automatic sospenders/vests or automatic inflatable life jackets are acceptable however they will be inspected for expiration at the time of check in. If you choose to wear, at your own risk, a U.S. COAST GUARD approved life jacket you must have an approved Department of Transport Canada life jacket within your vessel (if in question, Tournament Official’s decision will stand). PRO must provide AM/Non Boater with DTC approved life jacket.

Also, we have removed Rule #27 “No fishing allowed if anchored” from the 2010 CSFL Rules and Regulations thus allowing for anchors and power poles to be used in a responsible manner. The CSFL reserves the right to re-instate Rule #27 which will include power poles.

The CSFL continues to guarantee one pay spot for the first 7 teams and an additional pay spot for every further 5 teams, with a maximum of 20 pay spots.
    New for 2010, the Classic qualifiers will be made up of 25% of each division field average, with a minimum of a guaranteed 12 Classic positions per division.

The Bassmania Classic XIV Champions will be awarded two (2) $25,000 (MSRP) Lund Boat Certificates.

Please note, the Classic waters comprising of the Kashagawigamog Chain of Lakes (Haliburton) will be off limits from midnight July 30 to midnight August 27, 2010. Pre-fishing for the Classic commences Saturday August 28 and ends at 5:00 pm on Thursday September 2, 2010. Rule #10 extends to include off limit times.
    Good luck in your journey to the Bassmania Classic XIV in Haliburton! We hope to see you there.

See you on the water!

The Competitive Sport Fishing League

Bassmania Tournaments Inc.
    t/a Competitive Sport Fishing League
    215 Loretta Crescent
    Stouffville, ON L4A 1H4
    Tel. 905-640-2277 / Fax 905-640-2278
    www.csfl.ca

:?:?
    a month of not being able to fish on Kash seems a little strong. Honour system?

Will have to reconsider this season

I like the idea.

Whatever Sean

Don't know where you call home, but for me, I like fishing Kash as it is 5 minutes from home. Good walleye and musky as well, and to lose fishing priveleges (could I still go for a boat ride??) for a month before the Classic is too much of a sacrifice for me.

Andy has never closed a Classic waterbody for this length of time before. If this new rule continues in the future, I can hardly wait to hear the backlash if Rice or Simcoe were closed for a month.

I also fish a couple of local fun tourneys on the water during the summer as well.

Unless there is somebody out there checking 24/7 it is an unenforceable rule, and will only lead to problems, finger pointing and trouble. IMHO

I also like the idea of not being able to pre fish for a month prior to the event, tho I see Pats point, home lake, fun fishing close to home, other small fun events...I can see the reason for not liking the idea but I also like the idea of having the water off limits, tho Pat is right..how will it be enforced? and yes there could be problems with the finger pointing, but the finger pointing has always been there in this sport here in Ontario, I even remember the CSFL having a vote on the idea of a boat following a team around during an event cause lots of people thought they were cheating...and the vote passed and a boat was put out on the water to watch a team during an event..how retarted is that...:O

I guess I am with Pat on this one. I have very limited holidays and was thinking of going up in early August for a look-see. I guess I am questioning the rational behind the idea of the month long ban. What does it accomplish? Why not ban the lake for the week prior to the tourney? A lot more fish would be caught in the tourney if they had a week of rest.
    Mark

Why not leave it open until the 25th or 28th and then close it until the Classic? Give the fish a rest, and level the playing field for everyone. After all not all can take the whole week off prior to the event to pre-fish. Not to mention the economic spin off for the community which is why Council agreed to hosting this event.

When I tell the Reeve that there won't be any anglers coming to town the whole month of August because of a rule change, I suspect there may be a different attitude and reception.

Just a thought

A month of not being able to fish the water closest to my house would be enough to devastate my season. I fish first and foremost. Fishing Tourny's come second. I would not fish a series that barred me from my home lake for an entire month.

Fair is fair, but our season is short enough.

Billy

I have to agree with both Pat and Mark on this one. I think a month long ban is unfair. I don't see the point of banning it for a month and then allow the water to get pounded for the week prior to the event. I think it would be better to do it the opposite way. Close it the week prior to the classic and leave it open the rest of the summer. That is my two cents for what is worth.

Doesn't work so well for me, I booked my holidays for the week before the official prefish. Would have been nice to know this back in January. Luckily I didn't book the cottage I was looking at to spend the week up there with the family in August or I would be really screwed.
    Not a great move announcing this now

If i was fishing this year to make a classic and this came out 2 months before the season started i would be Pi$$ed. Luckily I'm only fishing a couple events this year.

I think the idea behind this may be not to shock the cottagers,i know living on a popular Kawartha for years where bass guys are common the locals still seemed a bit pissed with us.I remember other nortern classics i had to turn a deaf ear to some of the cottagers but im so used to that i really dont give a dam,i just try to be nice and move along.Maybe being a local Pat could speak on this a lot better than me.

Hey Randy, good to hear from you.

The cottagers here haven't had to suffer tourney's every weekend, so there is a mix of "my water" and "nice boat, any luck", pretty much the same as anywhere we go.

I don't want to start a sh*t storm over this, obviously lots of folks think this is a good idea, and I am sure it wasn't an easy decision. Andy and Vita are friends and I want to keep it that way. Besides, it took me too long to convince them to bring the tour here.

My partner and I qualified in 2005 and 2006, just missed the cut in 07, and Chris built a house in 08/09, so we didn't fish. With the changes to the qualifying process this year (which I think are great BTW), we would have to up our game to ensure a spot after being away for a couple of years.

Can't risk losing a month on my home lake, and then to maybe miss the Classic as well would make me doubly mad.
    Not to mention the number of friends I would have to turn down to go fishing with, or trying to explain the rule (as I tried to do this morning to someone).

So I'll contact Andy and Vita, get my deposit back, and help out Labour Day Wknd.

See ya on the water

Not sure but I think that fun Fire Fighters Tournament will fall into that Ban. I fished that with my son last year and he had a ball. Looking forward to doing it again, and on the outside shot that I do qualify, now I can't do that "Fun Tournament". I am sure the Fire Fighters won"t be happy with this rule either! Big fund raiser for them!