Thread: Vexilar Tri-beam question

Vexilar Tri-beam question

Hey, I placed an order with you guys last night, for a vexilar tri-beam transducer. My cat chewed mine in half and since i have a 4 day trip planned for next weekend, so im in a bit of a rush.

I got an email back this morning that the tri-beam is on 4 week backorder (by vexilar, so I know it is not a RadioWorld issue).

When I called the rep I spoke with told me that the tribeam wont work on my Vex FL18, is this correct? I have seen other threads on other boards that quote vexilar as saying their transducers are compatible with all their units? any help would be appreciated.

I don't think the FL18 will take the tri-beam transducer. Do you have an option to switch cone angler on that unit... I think it's for the newer FL20, FL12 and FL22 units. Go with the widest cone angle you can get, unless you fish allot of shallow weedy lakes.

Try Fishing world they may have a transducer or have them call my office (KTL) I know we listed the transducers separately in our ice catalogue , If you live in Kingston go to Canadian tire ask for Mike the sporting goods manager and ask Mike if he'd call my office to see if we had one , if so we ship next day to our customers so you'd have it by friday for sure. good luck and be safe

thanx, I went looking for Mike last night and he was not in, I will touch base with him today. thanx again

Hi Rob

Yes the FL18 will work with the Tri-Beam transducer. I had our service guy call Vexilar to find out for sure and his exact words were, "It'll work great...but we don't got them." So, as you know they are on backorder and may still be a few weeks. If you can't find one we do have the single beam 9° in stock in case you need something to get you by for the time being.

Lawren

Thanx Lawren, I have have a line on one, if not, I may just replace my order with you guys and wait it out.

How do you change the cone angle on the FL18? Or is the adjustment built into the "tri-beam" transducer assembly itself?

yes, the toggle switch is built into the transducer not the FL18 itself. I have used a dual beam, but would perfer the 12 degree that the tribeam has to offer

I see... I have an older FL8 that I have two different transducers and an "s" cable for for power reduction. Looking at the 18 I didn't see the option for switching the beam on the unit itself... just the zoom options.