Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In the market for a bait caster

In the market for a bait caster

Hi guys and gals, I'm in the market for a bait caster...I've only been fishing for a few years and I need to take the plunge over to the dark side...anyone have any reviews on?

Shimano Caenan 100 Series Casting Reels

I don't really want to spend more that $200 for a real, I understand the Caenan is priced well under that just wondering if it user friendly for the first timer

Cheers
    Steve

Hi Steve - check out this ICAST review on the Caenan reel - this is going to be a very popular reel this season - http://www.tackletour.com/reviewicas...reshwater.html

I've read mixed reviews in the Caenan; but i think what a lot of reviewers miss is that its only 100$ ! I can tell you that it definitely feels like a 150$+ real. We will have one in the rod locker this year.

If at all possible, look for a Curado E7 (there is one for sale in the 'classified section), you will be hard pressed to find anyone with negative opinion on that real.

Caenan or Curado ..... they both have the VBS system, so if you're not used to baitcasters, just tune it more 'reserved' than recommended and you'll have no problems .

The Caenan is a great reel for the price as I have 2 and used them last year and was very happy with the performance. If you want to step up on Quality for the Baitcaster i know fishing world has the Citica's on for $130 and the Curado on for $199.

I switched to the Curado E7 and now have 3 of them .They have been flawless . Easy to use and very light and it can handle the bigens with no problem .

Hey Steve,
    If your a right hand retrieve, i have 3 baitcasting reels just sitting around that i'd let you have for super cheap. Much less then the cost of 1 citica... fellow club member discount. 2 of which are basically brand new. Quantum Accurist 500pt, i believe, (without actually going to check) all 3 are the same model, just built in different years, so the color's are different. 2 are mint, the 3rd has some wear.

Anyways, if your interested shoot me an e-mail

Thanks Joey...unfortunately I'm a lefty

Aww to bad!! its weird, spinning gear i reel with my left, baitcasting with my right. I've tried reeling with my left on a baitcaster and its just not comfortable.

Anyways, check out classified pages. I'm always scouting kijiji and craigslist for deals on quality gear, and there are lots of good deals on slightly used equipment if your patient and not in a huge rush to buy.
    Instead of buying a brand new Caenan ,(this is not a knock on this reel) you might be able to buy a slightly used Curado.

I got a lefty last year on ebay for 125!!! check it out lots of deals to be had....

Hey Joey I know exactly what you mean, but a long time ago I taught myself to pitch and flip with both hands equally as effective. I got some good advice a Long time ago from a great fisherman makes a ton of sence when approaching cover from either side of the boat you can get the best angles to attack a piece of cover. Second to that to that I have NO tennis elbow or wrist problems because I change it up. Food for thought

Peace Out

Dan

If its your first Baitcaster and you want something versatile look at a Shimano Castaic comes with flipping option, I think one of the new Curado's may have flipping switch, also Quantum Accurists usually have a flipping switch.

I have a Quantum Tour Edition for sale only used 5 times for a $130. email me at crafty30@hotmail.com

Hey Mike

The BFB classifieds are a great place to sell stuff, if you price things right they sell fast. I posted a bunch of stuff and it sells quick. There are many loyal BFB'ers that check the classifieds regularly. Sorry I didn't want to highjack the thread

Peace Out

Danny

[img][/img]

Thanks Danny will do that today or tomorrow.