Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In the market for a bait caster

Paul that's awesome!! Lol
    Hey Mike what do you think of the new Quantum Smoke? I just picked up 7 rod/ reel Smoke combos....6'10's I think they are incredible.! I still have a bunch of the Quantum Burners with the PT Tour rods in the 6'10. Meat sticks for sure!

Peace Out

Dan

The rods sure feel real nice in your hands, and from what I have heard from the guys who have used it, is the reel cast a mile. Can't wait for spring to come.

Hey Steve, the Quantum Accurist PT's have been around for a long time. I've use them for everything and they hold up extremely well whether you're flipping/ pitching, or hauling fish on a long cast out of heavy cover. Quantum makes a few less expensive reels - but the Accurist is what I typically recomend to more serious anglers looking for a product that is going to stand up over time without having to break the bank...

Danny - the smoke reels come in two sizes (100 & 150's) the 150's cast a country mile even with heavier brades - the 100 size are great for flippin and pitching etc. In the hand they are relatively the same size, though very different in performance. I'm looking forward to launching my frogs with the 150's this year... and the 7' Smoke Rod (SKC706F) should prove to be a phenominal froggin stick for $129!.... the parabolic bend and shear "Pulling Power" of this rod will muscle them out of the junk with ease; they list the same taper as the Rojas Frog Rod, are a hair lighter in wieght, and a few $$$ cheaper at the till!

later .............. G!