Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Classic Prize/payouts????

Classic Prize/payouts????

Here's a crazy question...
    Anyone have any idea what we are fishing for next week?

Braggin rights and 40000 in Lund Merc money I believe.?LOL

Top three spots are all Lund/Mercury Gift Certificates according to CSFL website.

1st - 2 x $20,000 certificates
    2nd - 1 x $10,000 certificate
    3rd - 1 x $5,000 certificate

If you fish by yourself and win do you get both certificates?

You should....that would be impressive!

Maybe hell will freeze over as well. I better get my auger sharpened

John,

Don't joke about the ice...summer's short enough.

Then you would also be forced to figure out what to do with $40 000 in Lund dollars....:O Do they make rods and reels?

hey John,

...Prize $$$ is Prize $$$, team or single - I'm hoping these Certificates free up more cash down the Top-20 pay-back sheet?...

Personally; if I were running a T-Circuit - the final pay spot(s) would be an absolute minimum of double your entry fee. Even if that meant shaving down from top end 1st place prize, or a few less pay spots (including regular season events not just the year-end Championship. Nothing worse than coming in tenth and "winning your money back" or "getting your entry fee back" as it so often refurred to but coming out several hundred dollars in the hole!

Last week, someone got their check for 10th or something like that for $300 and turned to their partner and said, "didn't we pay $380 this morning to fish this thing?" :O

later ......... G!

Clarification from the CSFL :

As for receiving your entry fee back when you place 10th -

Your entry fee is $300 - $39 goes to the government (not the CSFL);
    $20 is a cash lunker pool goes to the angler (not to the CSFL);
    $20 is weekend warrior and goes to the angler (again, not to the CSFL)
    and $2 is 50/50 which is split between the angler and the Cancer Research Society (again, not to the CSFL) -

so $300 for 10th place is your entry fee

If anyone has any questions or concerns please feel free to call Andy anytime

So if one was to win one of these certificates..what are trhe options??
    Trade it in for a lund?
    Can I sell it to someone else?
    Can I put it towards a new motor at a lund dealer?
    Sell it to a dealer?
    Anyone go through this last year?

Hey Tony,

I think Andy's been under the gun as much or more than most T-organisers re: pay-backs and he's done a fantastic job by preparing a financial breakdown showing angler dollars in and pay-outs.
    It doesn't really matter where the money goes, or how it's broken down - It's a simple case of $381 out; and a meere $300 in a the end of the of the day! Makes the hundreds spent in practice, equipment, lodging and whatever very difficult to justify, But then again - who shoots for10th place when looking at these things :P

later .......... G!

In my personal option, like it would matter to anyone :-)...

The gift certs are only just ok, however the aftermath of trying to unload them would be a huge set back. You would not be able to get close to face value, and the time that it would take to find a buyer you would be sitting on them for who knows how long. Even if you use them towards buying a boat from lund, and from there turn and put it up for sale is a huge undertaking itself. Would be nice to hear the details on the gift certs won last year. :*

If it is 40k for first, then make it 40k cash, or an actual Lund boat or a motor and powerpoles, etc, something useful that if you didnt need or want them it would be easier to sell off, then cash for the remaining pay spots.

Im no ware close to being a professional fisherman, I am just out there to have fun enjoying a day fishing, and I dont care about bragging rights, but if I get lucky, and I bring home a piece of paper to the wife that could lead to me buying another boat would forsure put me in couch or more.

Any how, good luck to everyone and enjoy yourself out there during the classic!

Originally posted by Jeff.Gignac
    John,

Don't joke about the ice...summer's short enough.

Then you would also be forced to figure out what to do with $40 000 in Lund dollars....:O Do they make rods and reels?
    Maybe they make snow boats James!
    Can't wait for the frozen Sound.

There are people buying Lunds on a regular basis. I'm sure that if you offered one 40,000 towards his purchase for a price of say 35,000 he would take it. Anyone that doesn't want to save an additional 5,000 on a boat purchase just aint right.
    I think that the cert's would be better than a boat because if you had a boat you are now restricted to that particular boat to either keep or sell.....really narrows down the perspective buyers for your boat where as a cert would leave the door wide open to any of Lunds/Merc's offerings.
    I am curious however if you could use the two 20,000 certificates to purchase 2- 250 Opti XS's?

If the winners prize was in cash I'm sure it would be much less. Lund is a sponsor for the CSFL and of course the event itself and considering there is no entry fee other than the percentage that all CSFL tournament anglers contribute during the year, I think the prizes are pretty generous.

It might be nice to get your money back for 10th but as Pete said, who the hell is trying for 10th?

If someone can't make a reasonable profit in the tournament biz then why would they do it? The quality of the organisation is as good as any and if I were a sponsor I think I would want a little more respect and patronage.

I buy products from companies that support our industry and community.