Thread: Angler New Angler "ANA"

Angler New Angler \"ANA\"

Angler New Angler "ANA"

This summer, help us grow competitive sport fishing by simply bringing out a New Angler to the forefront of the tournament scene.

June 16, 2013, will be a date that new anglers will never forget for they will be elevated to a new level of angling that will test their skills like never before.

The ANA's unique concept is designed to allow new anglers the opportunity to taste the sport, through a competitive angler/buddy in an equal playing field as competitive anglers must compete with a new angler.

Concept:
    Each team will consist of 2 anglers, of which one of the anglers must never have competed in an event organized by a “for profit” organization in North America. All applicable CSFL rules for team concept will apply.

Pre Fishing Rule: Water is open for navigational purposes only prior to event. No tackle allowed on the deck of the boat from one half-hour after sunset on Sunday, June 9 to one half-hour before sunrise on Saturday, June 15, 2013. Official pre-fish begins one half-hour before sunrise on Saturday, June 15 and ends that day at 5 pm.

Venue: Goreski’s Lakeside Resort, Port Perry
    Lake: Lake Scugog
    Date: June 16, 2013
    Cost: $120.00 per team

Pass your passion on by introducing a New Anglers to the sport.

If you have any questions about this event please contact Andrew Pallotta of the CSFL at andrew@csfl.ca, 905-640-2277 or 416-802-2277.

Great way to introduce someone to tournaments. Looks like I'll be there!

Very cool idea. There are at least 2 people I know of that could fish this event with me.

Cudos to the CSFL - introducing new anglers to the sport is something we all need to get behind. I will be there for sure and can see this one growing to be a much anticipated annual event! Way to go...

I was wondering if i can enter s a non boater

I have the same question as Alex. If we don't tournament fish, how are we to have a partner?

The post states that it is a team so Am (Am = never having fished a for-profit tournament) would need to find a Pro themselves, that is why the post refers to a buddy (Pro). If as an Am you don't know any Pro's to ask, ask here if there are any Pro's that are willing to team up with you. Some Pro's would do it, particularly if it would help grow sponsors sales by influencing their AM's on product & gear to purchase. Think too, how much $ are you willing to put in? Will you cover 50% of all costs or just half of entry & fuel for the day. Whatever you can do, put it in your want ad. What's the worst that could happen?

Hey All you Pro's

I'd enjoy the opportunity to take part in this event. I've never fished a for profit tournament before. I've been fishing for sometime and would like to see how my skills would match up in a tournament. I'd be happy to discuss with anyone of you pros. Please send a PM if you're looking for someone.