Scott....welcome to the pro am format...

Alltho i've only fished 1 or 2....I've never been burned by my amatures....only my friends

I'm sure sportsmanship, friendship, guilt, ettiquette and respect factor in there somewhere, but no one can stop them frum using your favorite baits in your favorite areas in the very next tournie.

Some Pros have no problem with this and some won't do pro-ams cause of it.

The chance for a cheque can make people think differently while out on the pond.
A couple years ago, I personally, was severly SCREWED by "good friends" who i fully believe cost me a win, big fish and Team of the Year.
Because they were friends, i wanted to see them do better. So i took one out, showed him a few places i go, and tought him a few things, hoping he could use this info elsewhere......which they assured me they would.....
Anyhoo, next tournie(s)....everywhere i went to go......they were there and after a while, so was their relatives. :!

Allthough I like to support great charitable causes.....Until i stop fishing competitively, i will now use exteme caution with teachin people "too much" and the Pro-Am format events will be limited to a select few.(sorry to say)

By the way...ALL the Ams i met so far have been good people, good anglers and i'm lookin forward to being NetMan for my next Am, next week.

& With all the Boater/Nonboater events happenin amongst the clubs/pro-ams etc., it sounds too me that alot of folks fish with different partners quite often, and to be honest with ya....i don't hear of to many complaints, or horror stories.

As the saying goes.......ya pay your money...ya take your chances.

Good Luck to All next Wednesday....

and good luck to my last Am, Jake R., who I now see competeing in the local fishing serie(s) and doin fairly well.