Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Results BASSMANIA TOURNAMENT TRAIL CENTRAL TOUR - LAKE SCUGOG QUALIFIER - JULY 13, 2008

Have you got any more pics of spidy in the Terminator/Rapala shirt?

Ive found the shallow bit to be next to dead,the spots and patterns that have been good to me in the past seem to have dinks on them......that tells me the post spawn may still be on or what i dont know,what do you think boys.

Randy, the post spawn is on or at the tail end. I've seen more males gaurding balls of fry at this time of year than any other year. The patterns are changing now though....an area I had going for the Scugog pm had balls of fry everywhere....when I went back last Sunday all the fry was gone..... the big girls will be in full swing soon I hope.

I think your right Sean.Although at rice the two 4s that bit us both where bloody tailed.

Originally posted by Sean Palmer
    Have you got any more pics of spidy in the Terminator/Rapala shirt?
    Yeah, I know for a fact I got some coming up to the stage a with the catch, and 4 to 6 frames from the lift sequence. Possibly 1 on the bow of the boat (cant recal). The lift shots are all very similiar but the LM is either too low (tail cut off) or starts covering your face. Couple underexposures where the flash didnt compensate for the sun behind. So I went with (culled ) that one. I can check the "delete" folder when I have the chance if you like.

/edit
    Will try to get some more up featuring different guys, or their boats. If you don't see one now it may be up soon or from others events I'm going to try to make as time/life allows. this was largely a dry run for me hope to do more yet.
    Full size originals if you want a print are available ( I only upload small files for web viewing). Email in profile or www.

Thanks for doing that!

The full moon was the week before opener and the males were still guarding fry, because of the late spawn, on opening day. The bloody tail in just further evidence that the fish are still post spawn. tails take 2 - 4 weeks to heal. I would agree that the post spawn usually lasts around 3 weeks so the fishing should be starting to improve by this weekend. Having said that, I'd say the weights were as good as they usually are when the fish are biting.

Congrats to the winners.