I would like to thank Bass Pro Shops ; Aurora Bassmasters and all the great sponsors for making this a truly great event. Our day began with the main engine quitting just as they called our number to go, but Howie corrected a fuel line problem in seconds and we were underway. The ride to our main spot was very rough and wet but we managed to get our lines in. Howie got one right away but that was it for a painfully long time so we moved to our backup spot. We were worried ; thinking there was no fish there when I finally got a nice one and Howie got one as I was unhooking mine ; then about one bite per half hour for around 15 fish for the day. The fishing conditions were like a combination of Lake Temiskaming , Lake Temagami and North Channel Lake Huron on their roughest days and we needed all our previous experience in these conditions just to get lines in the water. The fish came in 25-35 feet of water and we used soft plastics that imitated Simcoes forage species . Our lures were purchased at BassPro Shops , Paddeltales and Ramakkos. Howie was using a 6ft 6 Loomis Bronzeback with 2500 Shimano Stradic MG and 6 lb XT, I used a St.Croix 6ft 8 Avid extra fast ,with Shimano Stradic ; 20 lb Stren superbraid tied to a tiny Spro swivel then 6 ft leader of 6 lb. Vanish . Speed and vertical control were what appeared to be critical and required a drift sock to get it approx 1/2 the speed of a normal drift. It was truly a great thrill and honour to win this year and we hope to break 30 next year. mike