Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Classic Prize/payouts????

September 2, 3 & 4, 2011
    Rideau Ferry
    Win up to $128,000.00 in cash and prizes
    First Place: 2-$20,000* Lund/Mercury Boat Certificates
    Second Place: 1-$10,000* Lund/Mercury Boat Certificate
    Third Place: 1-$5,000* Lund/Mercury Boat Certificate

Front and center on the 2011 Registration form since day one. No surprises.

Not trying to start a pissin contest here, but if you didn't like the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow why fish the series? and hope you have the problem of what to do with $40,000 of Lund bucks

And while I didn't fish the series this season, I would be proud (I wear my qualifier hats with pride) to have made the cut given the quallity of the anglers competing on the various tours.

Hats off Andy, Vita, family and crew for another successful consistent tour.

Pat

Guys all I can say is Bassmania as in the past will be upfront about all of the moneys drawn from each event to accumulate the Classic payouts. I'm sure all of this will be clear and published soon. They have always been above board on this stuff. Every tourney they provide a payout sheet of what's been held back for the Classic.

The math always works. For me I'm gonna worry about that stuff on Sunday at 5:00pm if it matters at all...... I won't fish any different if it's cash/boat/certificates......

For me I'm putting my head down and gonna concentrate on the task at hand. There is gonna be allot of teams out there and some pretty good sticks! Game on!

Peace Out

Dan

Senior Member Chris_Cappuccitti's Avatar
    Since everyone seems to be chatting about this topic (at tackle stores, and club meetings not just on-line) I thought I would throw out my 2 cent idea.

All I did was look at it from a "LETS SIMPLIFY" point of view.

I can bet there are like 100 things Andy has arranged in the background such as sponsors, prizes, etc so there is no way I would even think I could include all those factors since I have nothing to do with them so I did not try to assume anything when I created this. Andy & Vita do a lot of work and i do not want to "Simplify" their efforts at all.

Ok so since I am coming from a "Simplify Point of view" there must be the understanding:

1) 80% payback
    2) No Team of year
    3) No angler of year
    4) No other "of the year" prizes
    5) NO HOLD BACK FOR THE CLASSIC
    6) Based on 100 team entry

$300 x 100 teams = $30,000
    $30,000 x 80% = $24,000 prize (6000 csfl)

24,000$ Prize Organization
    1st = $6000
    2nd = $4000
    3rd = $2000

4th to 10th = $1000 (7000)
    11th to 20th = $500 (5000)

NOTES :
    1) If there is not 100 boats the price table stays the same at the top it just starts cutting from the bottom up. So if there was 80 boats it would cut the prize spots from 20th and work up. This will put more importance on WINNING top 3 spots, while still giving some money back to lower spots.

2) So now I anticipate FLACK about not padding the classic prize money, but I have a payback idea for that ?LOL

100 boats at the classic (more if you want)

Each team will pay 200$ to enter.

100 teams x 200$ = 20,000$

20,000 x 80% = 16,000 prize (4,000 csfl)

And here is the kicker

1) Fish all year to make the classic
    2) Winner of the classic is the years champion so they are TEAM OF THE YEAR, ANGLERS OF THE YEAR, etc

SOooooo

The Classic winner takes the 16,000$

ITS A WINNER TAKES ALL CHAMPIONSHIP !! At the classic the goal is to be the champion, so there should be no difference between 2nd & 100th ?LOL

Again, just my 2 cents to KEEP THINGS SIMPLE.

Honestly, do we really care when The Men's Team Canada Hockey team wins the silver? Or does it matter which team comes in second in the Stanley cup final ?? Nope because that means they LOST the cup :P

Just food for thought cause I'm just happy to be fishing :X

PS. Someone will have to check my math, I just did it in my head on the go :O

Let's please not take this post down a road that wasn't intended.
    All I wanted to know was if anyone new what the 'revised" payout structure was as since there was not full fields this year I don't imagine they will payout the advertised prizes. And if a horseshoe found its way into my butt and we won the classic I wanted to know what my options were now before getting caught up in the excitement and making a poor decision at the spur of the moment. As Danny said Andy and Vita have always been above board with everything and run a great series; I was simply looking for info.
    Good luck and congrats to all particpating.
    Pete

Great post Pete!

See you there!

Peace Out

Dan

Geez guys...every single year since inception CSFL has produced full breakdowns of all income of entries for all tours, the breakdown of all AOTY, TOTY and All Canadian and finally what the final payouts will be at the Classic, they disclose ALL admins costs....and what the final payouts will be at the Classic meeting....they have done this every year and will treat all qualifiers to an awesome weekend....why
    not chill, focus on your prefish and find out at the meeting....geez....I only wish I qualified....good luck everyone and freakin CHILL!!!!!!

This is getting ridiculous

Senior Member Chris_Cappuccitti's Avatar
    Tony & Danny,

I agree 100% that CSFL (Andy & Vita) have always been 100% transparent with all the dollars & tournies.

It all comes down to trust and integrity....and thats why the CSFL is still the top tourny series around IMHO. I hand over my money to Vita & Andy each year because I trust them based on all the honest hard work they have done over the last 10+ years (maybe ita 15 years I'm getting old and can't recall dates that well...lol)

Andy
    Vita
    CSFL Crew

I have been around since Andy started this series and every year the same crap happens and Andy and Vita know what their doing so to everyone concerned RELAX its all good ON C U ON THE WATER

Hey great job to Andy and company. Some very good thoughts. Why not keep things close to what they are but increase tourney fee by no more than 100 bucks and put it all into paybacks. 80 boats means an extra 8000 to spread out. An extra 4 bills is peanuts over the course of a season. Then have 100 entry to Classic to add another 10000 g's to the prize money. There is strength in numbers. Let's support Andy's great work together. He has a lot of expenses as anyone would know who runs a business.

Hey Chris,

Dude you dont know old!..lol ...I'm on the wrong side of 46 feeling like 86 every morning...lol..25 years of contact sports will do that to ya!.

There is something very important that WE ALL MISSED!...last years Turkey feast!!..lol. Guys Andy listens to what people ask for and as always its hard to keep everyone happy. People ask to pay deeper, so they do. There is TOTY/AOTY/All Canadian/Horse Power Payouts drawn from the pool of entries every event,that causes the over all payouts to be reduced.

The pay spots went deeper inorder to allow Anglers to recoupe some funds back, I get it. If/when we cash a cheque the magic envolope we are given explains to the penny what was paid where and how much.

There is nobody in the Tournament industry I trust more than Andy and Vita....

Peace Out

Dan

Looking at the reality...
    Entry is $300 if you don't include tax and optional big fish and weekend warrior.
    You compete for aprox. $4000 for 1st.
    So for 1 division it costs you $1200(plus tax)...
    You get a shot at $16000(4 firsts) plus a free shot at $35000(for sake of arguement) in the classic.
    So for $1200 you can win $50000+...Not to bad when you think about it. Plus Team of the Year money and entries, plus All Canadian money, plus whatever else..

Like many I feel like the CSFL does a Top Notch job with organizing their tournament circuits.

Guys start crunching numbers without knowing exactly what's going on and often their math doesn't reflect the reality of a tournament series.

It's easy to say $300 x 100 entries but that many boats is far from the norm on most lakes. That's just a start.....

Take advantage of the great fall fishing and good luck to everyone heading to Rideau!