Wow that is good news!

It sounds like all positive changes. If you look at the history of tournament fishing in Ontario, the most sucess has been when guaranteed payback are involved.

Chev/Mariner series that Michelle ran was very sucessfull and had full fields and infact had a waiting list (i was on it) due to guaranteed payback/boats.The CFT for the first two years had guaranteed payback/Boats and once again had full fields. The third year, no guaranteed paybacks and the field drops drastically. The Reel Fish'n Series had guaranteed paybacks of $2,000 and always had large fields. Take a look at the Can/Us Walleye tournament it had only 30-40 teams over the last 3 years it was run and this year it was a guranteed payback and was virtually a full field.

I think this is a good opportunity to bring back a premier series in our back yard with full fields and great paybacks. This is what a lot of us have been waiting for and hopefully bring back some of the names of the past that have been out of tournament fishing since the CFT shut down.

Speaking with Andy this past weekend, he mentioned that the guaranteed payback would be added to the other divisions (one at a time) if and when the first division (wildcard) reaches 100 boats. He said the next highest prepaid division would be the next guaranteed payback division. It sure is nice to know that $5K is guaranteed for first regardless of field size and that you would be fishing for $10K when field is full.

Hats off to Andy & Vitta for breaking out of the box and giving us what most of us wanted. You can count on Mike & I being in and money is in the mail.

Cesare